X

where to get throttle cable

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to get throttle cable

Well ive come to the cunclusion that i need a throttle cable. Because periodicly when i ride(once or twice a ride) and let the clutch in and/or rev it in neutral, rpms will stay at a random rpm its rarly the same rpm. Untill i crack the throttle quickly it wont drop to idle so im assuming that its the throttle cable let me know if you think im wrong.

any way im looking for the best place to get one as well as any tips or tricks ill need to installing one

info that may help
    my kat is a 2000 600 with 7700 miles

Cheap and fast won't be reliable.
    Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
    Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

You get them from Suzuki dealers at the parts counter. Many dealers will have to order it, should take 4-5 days for them to get it in. Or you can use an online dealer, such as RonAyers or BikeBandit to order it.

It sounds like the your cables are either binding or set too tightly.

To test for them being too tight, use these two tests:
    1. Start the bike with the steering straight ahead, let it idle and then turn the steering all the way to the right -- if the idle goes up as you rotate the wheel over to the right, the cable is too tight.
    2. With the bike off, twist the throttle open and release -- you should hear a distinctive click as it returns the butterflies to fully closed.

The click-method is also how I set the throttle cables on the 98+ Kats -- I tighten until the click goes away, then loosen them up slowly until it returns.

Remember, there are two throttle cables on your bike (one pull- and one push-cable), and the main adjustments for them are at the carbs -- the minor adjustors are at the handlebar.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks for the quick reply i have tomarrow off so im going to try and adjust them then

Cheap and fast won't be reliable.
      Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
      Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Comment

Working...
      X