PDA

View Full Version : PRE 98 Mirrors

MXG286
03-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Has anyone replaced the pre 98 mirrors with something else that looks "better" / works better.

chinto
03-13-2007, 11:00 PM
I have seen a few different mirrors added to a pre 98 kat. Some people put the post 98 mirrors on and there are some pretty cool looking ones on ebay.

As far as what looks better, I guess thats a matter of personal preference. Myself, I may be on of only a few that actually like the look of the pre 98 mirrors better than the replacements available. Although i do think the part where the actual glass (mirror) is, is kind of chunky and could be replaced. So far I have yet to see a set of mirrors that fits into the fairing with a nice clean look the way the stock mirrors do.

swoll82
04-08-2007, 06:01 PM
i saw a 95 katana on ebay that had some good looking mirrors on it and the guy told me they were actually off of a jet ski. i havent checked into it to see what kind they might have been off of yet.

spamnoob
04-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I hate the look of those stock mirrors too. I definitely replacing mine. So, I have been looking for something different, but I haven't had much luck. Ebay had like 1 alternative when I looked. The only other thing I could think of were some bar end mirrors. Let me know if you find anything that would work or looks decent

Black_peter
04-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Bar ends are great.. The view is amazing.

Wingspan
04-13-2007, 11:43 AM
I had 98+ Katana mirrors on mine, you just need to widen the holes in the mirrors a bit with a Dremel tool to make them work.

misery
04-19-2007, 12:12 PM
I just put smaller Ducati style mirrors on m 93 600. They have the built in blinkers as well. They are alot smaller than the stock ones. I am still working on getting her back together... so I have not ridden her with the new mirrors... let me see if I can get a picture or two with the mirrors on the bike...

I bought them at the dealer - they where $22 a piece. They have 2 sets of mounting holes. I had to drill a hole for the wires.. I think they look pretty cool.
Here is a link to what they look like:
http://www.flandersco.com/MirrorsA.htm
The ones on the bottom: Ducati Style...

arsenic
04-23-2007, 01:03 AM
has anyone tried to put those JAG mirrors on a pre? I got a set on eBay and I've seen one descripition that said 88-06 and another that said 98-06?

md86
04-24-2007, 04:40 AM
Are those the LP things with the integrated signlas ? I had some of them .... oh , for about 5 minutes :roll: . They were freakin TINY .

schwakal
04-25-2007, 09:36 AM
I am looking at the 98+ mirrors with the turn signals in them on ebay. and am trying to find out if the bolts will match up at all. I searched around to see if anyone has tried them but i dont see anything informative about them. So if anyone has post pics! or describe what we would have to do to make these fit correctly

arsenic
04-25-2007, 11:28 AM
They don't have turn signals in them, but they are tiny.

schwakal
04-25-2007, 11:42 AM
So mirror integrated turn signals would be pretty much worthless then if they are so tiny.... i want people to be able to see them. here is a pic of what i am considering to be more specific.

md86
04-26-2007, 01:58 AM
They'd see your signals better since they're farther away from your headlight , but YOU won't see SHIT in the mirrors 'cause they so tiny .