X

Customize the can or get new system?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customize the can or get new system?

Towards the end of last summer I picked up a Yoshi system for free. It was pretty loud and when I wear my helmet (which I prefer to do) there is a nasty echo or whatever you want to call it. So I figured I would repack the muffler to see if it makes a difference. No luck there because it's an empty can moreless. My question is has anyone tried to make a custom baffle? I was think maybe some type of screening to wrap the fiberglass packing around but it probably wouldn't last long? Or should I save myself some headache and just toss the freebie and order a new system?

Re: Customize the can or get new system?

Originally posted by fods
    Towards the end of last summer I picked up a Yoshi system for free. It was pretty loud and when I wear my helmet (which I prefer to do) there is a nasty echo or whatever you want to call it. So I figured I would repack the muffler to see if it makes a difference. No luck there because it's an empty can moreless. My question is has anyone tried to make a custom baffle? I was think maybe some type of screening to wrap the fiberglass packing around but it probably wouldn't last long? Or should I save myself some headache and just toss the freebie and order a new system?
    order a new system and toss the freebie my way. Seriously if you getting a new one, I am interested in the yosh.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

jcwhitney or what ever sells baffles for cheap i am sur eyou can make one fit...

Comment

Took a look around JCWhitney, all I found was a 4" baffle and An 8" mini muffler. Any ideas if welding the mini muffler inside would do anything for it?

Comment

How are the internals off the yosh?
          Is it a perforated pipe?
          If so you can repack it.
          Gafif one off the Dutch riders overhere did that with his Yosh, wasn't a big deal at all.

Comment

Repack it.
            93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

This is my only aftermarket system that I have delt with but it looks like the previous owner cut it up or am I wrong? [/img]

I am semi close to Dennis Kirk warehouse and I am thinking about picking up an SS2R system tomorrow and start fresh.
              Attached Files

Comment

yeah your missing a part to it, get you a new one.

i have a full ss2r system now, use to have an old yoshi like what you got(that is if it is an old r&d pipe). I needed something quieter than the yoshi, so i got the vance and hines and the full system sounds nice, alot different than just the slip on my roommate has on his bandit. It isn' the best system out there, but it is a nice system.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by fods
                  This is my only aftermarket system that I have delt with but it looks like the previous owner cut it up or am I wrong?

I am semi close to Dennis Kirk warehouse and I am thinking about picking up an SS2R system tomorrow and start fresh.
                  If you don't find the money a problem buy a nice new one, if you don't really want to spend that money, elongate the perforated pipe and repack it.
                  Anyway don't use this pipe anymore the way it is, provides much to little counterpressure it will make the engine running superhot.....

Comment

Wear earplugs. Then you won't hear the weird sound.

Comment

Working...
                    X