X

Home made bike stand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made bike stand

Yesterday I came to the hard relization that I no way of getting my motorcycle up of both wheels to do the work i planned to do this weekend.

Thanks to this thread...

i got some good ideas.

Even so, i didn't really want to spend 60$+ on parts to fabricate one.

My dad mentioned he had a pile of 4x4's that have been sitting under his porch for years that i could use, so i got to work.

Here is the fruits of about 5 hours of work with my buddy...

From behind..

Stand for the rear swingarm built in.

It worked out pretty well, all it needed to lift it was to wratchet up the front end, then the rear wheel weighed about 20 lbs. With all the wood for free i spent about 8$ on lag screws (i didn't use all of them) and 20$ to get an decent set of wratchet straps. The rear swingarm stand wasn't necessary, jack stands would have worked fine, but since i had the wood, and i didn't want ot monopolize the jackstands for the next few weeks i just put that together.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the ideas. I know not everyone has 4x4's laying around, but if you're looking to do something, just remember, try to do what you can with what you have.

PS. if anyone things it would be helpfull to write up all the measurements and plans, i'll write it up.

Is it just me or does that thing look more like some sort of S&M rack than a motorcycle stand.

It goes to show you that there is more than one way to skin a cat. The rack looks like it will support three Kats.

Comment

Since you used 4x4's you could probably drill and put heavy duty eye hooks in it.

Remember to always use two straps to lift! One of mine started to tear while the bike was in the air.

Looks good!
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

shit you can hang a goldwing on there

Comment

Looks like the horse is in the stable. Nice work.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
            Is it just me or does that thing look more like some sort of S&M rack than a motorcycle stand.
            I was thinking more like a gallows ...
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

So is it easy to disassemble? I'm sure it takes up a good bit of room. On my pipe stand, which is the same concept, I didn't tack weld the upper cross bar's threaded couplings so I could disassemble it.
              '01 TL1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mystahagy
                So is it easy to disassemble?
                I can take out the top piece by removing 4 screws and 2 lags, not too bad. Makes it flat, but yea it will still be pretty bulky to move around, but possible

Comment

Originally posted by mystahagy
                  So is it easy to disassemble? I'm sure it takes up a good bit of room. On my pipe stand, which is the same concept, I didn't tack weld the upper cross bar's threaded couplings so I could disassemble it.
                  No need to disassemble, just hang a seat on it and call it a swing..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Working...
                  X