X

Carb Styx ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Styx ?

Does anyone have the carb styx that Ivans sells & does it work ok? Is it murcury filled? He states in his add it's what he has used for years & it's only like $70.00.

I have that model. Very easy to set up and use, very accureate. However:

1. It is long. This makes storage a pain.
    2. It is mercury filled so you pretty much have to keep it hung up. The mercury "tank" has no real cover or cap. (see note 1)
    3. If the mercury gets loose (see 1&2) you dont have extra.
    4. It may be impossible (or it will be soon) to get mercury. So when it's gone (see 1,2 &3) it's gone.

For these reasons I think it's worth the extra money to get a Morgan Tune.
    Carbtune motorcycle carburetor synchronizers;polycarbonate tool pouchs;for motorcyclists

They cost more (about $110 +shipping) but you could drop your mercury type tuner the first day and then you're stuck. The Morgan has nothing to spill, it is smaller and you can stick it in a drawer.

Comment

hey lookie lookie,

Comment

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
          For these reasons I think it's worth the extra money to get a Morgan Tune.
          Carbtune motorcycle carburetor synchronizers;polycarbonate tool pouchs;for motorcyclists

They cost more (about $110 +shipping) but you could drop your mercury type tuner the first day and then you're stuck. The Morgan has nothing to spill, it is smaller and you can stick it in a drawer.
          +1
          With the bag & the shipping, it's $127 today. Without the bag, it's $113 & change. And for a Kat, you don't need any adaptors.

I can't believe Marky522 posted his up with a buy-it-now of $150 when he has a link to the manufacturer's sale site in his eBay ad (is there really a sucker born every minute ?)

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            I can't believe Marky522 posted his up with a buy-it-now of $150
            Actually when I posted the link it was for sale off KR not listed on eBay..
            He had it for 130 I think, including shipping and the case. I didn't think that was too bad..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
              Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              I can't believe Marky522 posted his up with a buy-it-now of $150
              Actually when I posted the link it was for sale off KR not listed on eBay..
              He had it for 130 I think, including shipping and the case. I didn't think that was too bad..
              Or I can get it brand spanking new for $128 shipped. Might have to wait a little longer, but it's still new.
              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
              -Terence

Comment

I bought a replacement thing of mercury not too long ago , and it wasn't all THAT hard to find , BTW .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I did the "home made" carb STYX method. I get the carbs pretty damn close with that. There is a thread on here somewhere. Cost me about $6.

..."I'm gonna be a blue collar man!!!!
                  "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

Working...
                  X