X

new mods in plan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new mods in plan

hey whats up guys.. so i've decided that my bike is waaay to silent for my taste and i also wanna make my bike look more sportier. i just came across some money to spend somewhat. i already know what tire i want (perreli diablo stradas) cuz the stock ones are not to my liking. so what would be a nice slip on pipe for me to buy and where can i get a kick a$$ seat cowl for my 05 standard red katana?
    im moving back to ft worth from austin this weekend. and if u guys know some other ideas of mods just let me know.. thanks!

Braada cowls are the only way to go for a '98+ Kat!

Slip-on's are a matter of taste; sound and price, and I'm sure that there's already a million threads on KR where you can see/hear a variety of pipes on kats. As for jetting, you might want to pick up one of Ivan's performance jet kits to draw some serious power from the new pipe!

Other mods? I dunno. How crazy do you want to get? Check out Cyberpoets site - I'm sure there's something on there that might help you with the maintenance aspect of the kat...or you could go with some performance bits like brake pads or braided lines, or maybe you're up for a single sided swingarm? LOL, whatever you think of, I'm sure somebody on here will know a way to do it, or a place to get it.

Cheers!
    FrankenKat 1216
    GS Fiter 816
    GSXR750! (race)

Comment

well i like the black carbon looking ones so far. and loud would b great so people will hear me coming!
      the seat cowl is a definate. i already put red ground effects on the bottom of my bike so it glows when i ride at night. im really looking for a sportier look but i love my bike haha. imma check his site out then.

Comment

IF you want it loud drop the whole can or get a D&D slip on, I think I got mine for about 200.00 brand new. As for look's that's pretty much up to you, plenty of beautiful badass Kat's on here to get some idea's from. This is where it start's adding up cost wise. It's a butt load of fun though, wait till you bring your bike into the house!
        2003 gsx600f (the yellow one)
        vortex sprockets,D&D slip on,c/f led lights
        JIM's cowl, mesh, clearalt's ds signal, zero gravity ds screen

Comment

lol, well i have already tore it completly apart and put it back together again thanks to a fellow katridr on here to get me the feel of things on my bike.. still learnin new sytuff. and just the thought of puttin new stuff on it makes me estatic.. that $200 slip on sounds like the perfect price and type for me. Man there are some nice ass kats on here.. imma try and keep up. cuz its been scratched up a lil on one side so im definately not gettin rid of it

Comment

I must say: the 14" Comp2 Holeshot canister/Comp2 header and 1216 really has a serious growl. Aside from that, I have no idea.
            FrankenKat 1216
            GS Fiter 816
            GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Working...
            X