PDA

View Full Version : I can do this right???

FASHER
02-14-2007, 02:50 PM
So, my Yoshi slip-on came today. I can do okay with a few tools. I mean I generally change my own car oil, and do general maintenance on my car. I should be able to handle swapping out these pipes right? Where might I expect a little trouble, if any?

KatanaSoldier
02-14-2007, 02:56 PM
It should be fine. I would just recommend going to auto zone or any auto shop and getting some high temp rv sealant in case she has leaks when you attach her. This stuff will fix those leaks and it works nice. Had to do that for the D & D.

brooder
02-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Considering all you're doing is loosening the bolt at the midpipe and unbolting at the rear-peg, there shouldn't be any problem whatsoever.

HS2020
02-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Michelle I can help you out if you like. Let me know.

brooder
02-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Geez....We all need a Jimmy to help us out. :)

tdrcomm
02-14-2007, 03:34 PM

Hey Jimmy, we have a leak in our shower fixture. When you're finished with Michelle come on over. Oh, and our ceiling fan is stuck on "lift off", you mind checking that, too?

:lol:

Sasquatch
02-14-2007, 03:38 PM
You should have no problems Michelle. Besides, its fun doing the work your self :)

HS2020
02-14-2007, 04:06 PM

Hey Jimmy, we have a leak in our shower fixture. When you're finished with Michelle come on over. Oh, and our ceiling fan is stuck on "lift off", you mind checking that, too?

You pay for the plane ticket. Beside Michelle lives about 15 minutes from me.

tdrcomm
02-14-2007, 04:35 PM

You pay for the plane ticket. Beside Michelle lives about 15 minutes from me.:lol: :lol: :lol:

The CyberPoet
02-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Tips:

When removing the existing muffler, twist. It's a lot easier than pulling it straight out.

Before installing the new midpipe, bend the flaps of the collector back a bit without damaging the gasket, then coat the midpipe tip with a bit of high-temp anti-seize (the nut & bolt on the collector will benefit from it too).

Rotate as you insert it, then rotate at the end to line it all up.

It's literally plug-and-play ;)

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet