Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Whoever has done a jet kit on a 750 ..............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoever has done a jet kit on a 750 ..............

Could you post your setup.

Thanks.
    Bike is sold

I would be interested in this too!!!
    I have a second set of carbs that were removed from my bike, that MAY have been jetted for my yosh pipe and UNI filter (in the stock box). Those carbs were replaced with a new stock set of carbs. I have a set of aftermarket needles from the orig. carbs. I am thinking of getting some 120 main jets and throwing them (and the needles) on the new carbs. From what I can tell, Needles on the 3rd clip, 120 main jets and mixture screw 3 turns out, should be close right?
    Unfortunately, I just cant scrape up $120 for an Ivans kit, so I am going to try to go the cheap route. Cyber... you out there?
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

+1

i would like to hear opinions on this to.
      carb setup for full exhaust k&n pods

Comment

You COULD just go to DJ's website and download their PDF .... But remember , their suggested settings are gonna be a bit rich . And all people who list their settings seem to be different , even for the same model bike ....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I just took a look at the 750 jets in this bike I have. Theyr'e all 112.5 and yes they were 3 turns out.
          Bike is sold

Comment

I would contact Ivan on this one. Do not forget that on the stock setup #3 carb jet is different. I know it seems that you should put all the same size jets in but suzuki made that one a different size for a real good reason. Jetting is as different as each bike is, you have so many variables. I would start with what you have then fine tune from there. 3 turns seems like alot to me.
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

spedee, I presume that you are looking for post 98 kats? because no one makes a stage 3 or anything for the post98 kats. Only a stage one, and I don't know what jet numbers come with it. And I know that ivan has stated before that no gains have been made from using k&n pods.

katanajim-i don't think ivan makes a pre98 jet kit, but i have been wrong before and could be now.

I had a yoshi exhaust on my '92 750 and a k&n pod filters. I had 126 mains, can't comment on the needles since The emulsion tubes were so worn. Float at 15mm, and I think 2.5 turns out on the pilot.

once i get my bike dyno and sync'd with the vance and hines full system i'll post up the new specs. I have 124 mains, new emulsion tubes, needle on 3rd down or maybe 4th can't remember. float at 15mm, and 2.5 on the pilot. However doesn't run that good. BUt that could be the near zero degrees somedays, not being sync'd, and not dyno'd. I am thinking i need to go to 126 mains and lean out the needle to 3rd clip(that is if on the 4th). And i think richen up the pilot 1/8 turn.

oh yeah all dynojet numbers

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

BarMatt, IMO, it is the pods that are your problem.
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

thaz.....that might be the problem. the bike has a registered 35k some odd miles. could have many many more. me having no record of any sort of valve adjustment ever done, no history of the motor, could have some kind of engine work done, never been sync'd and received it messed up. who knows, won't know till the weather gets warm and i crack the top of my engine open. however the dyno guy says the bike has lived a hard life, which I can tell. slowly it is livin better. i just haven't got it running the way it has suppose to be because I couldn't find anyone to dyno the bike. But maybe i should give the dyno guy the stock airfilter and box.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

#3 has the same jet as the other three. And three turns was factory settings.

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                    I would contact Ivan on this one. Do not forget that on the stock setup #3 carb jet is different. I know it seems that you should put all the same size jets in but suzuki made that one a different size for a real good reason. Jetting is as different as each bike is, you have so many variables. I would start with what you have then fine tune from there. 3 turns seems like alot to me.
                    Bike is sold

Comment

As I recall from reading posts on this site, #3 had a different size jet because of cylinder temperature being higher in the middle of the engine. It was explained as an emissions "band aid". Most people put all of the same size when they re-jet.

Thanks for the input guys!
                      "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

My bike is an 06 750 with grinded headers and a Yoshi TRS Pipe. Stock header and filter.

STOCK: The carbs were jetted with 117.5 main jets and I don't
                        remember the turns. But the jets were all the same.

Ivan's: The main jets supplied were 110, much smaller yes, but the suggested turns out are to start at either 3.5 or 4. I split the difference and went 3 3/4 all the around. I have only put a couple hundred miles on the bike since jet install but it seems to be running great.

As soon as it stops snowing here I'm heading to a dyno shop and having them fine tune it for me. I will post up results of optimum settings, for my bike, once it's done.
                        Foolish men search the earth for worldly masters, not realizing that their own mind is the master.

Comment

I went with the Ivan's for Malloc's 750 and it was 110 across the board and 4 turns out for peak performance (3 turns out for peak gas mileage).

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I am leaning to the Ivan's kit now. Only concern is the stepped header I have which is a lot different from stock.

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            I went with the Ivan's for Malloc's 750 and it was 110 across the board and 4 turns out for peak performance (3 turns out for peak gas mileage).

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Bike is sold

Comment

What brand of header is it, Spedee?
                              And more over, do you know what the ID is in millimeters (or inches)?

Like I said, I took my 600 down to one of the local dyno places after slapping on the Ivan's, and advancer & a full 750 header+ can set-up, and got them to do the readings -- which were spot on.

Malloc hasn't run his over a dyno+sniffer yet (and he's using a Yoshi can, stock headers), but he has put about 20k more miles on the bike since I installed the kit. Aside from tweaking the pilot screw settings back & forth (depending on whether he's being frugal or performance-oriented), he hasn't had any issues with it. Even in "frugal" mode, it made a bit more power than stock and had a much snappier throttle. Actually, I've gotten into the frugal thing myself now -- got one of the 90 degree motion pro carb screwdrivers and if I'm going to be running over 500 miles in a day, I twist the pilot screws back to 3 turns, and once I arrive (like at the rally), I twist 'em back up to 4.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X