X

gas tank diagram..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas tank diagram..

i was wondering does anyone know were i can see or have a diagram or something to how all the hoses attach to the gas tank on a 94 kat (Ca model).. was looking at my spark plugs and putting a k&n air filter in today and the set up on the tank did not seem right to me.. im not sure though.. and the clymer book doesnt show how they attach either..

At the petcock ? 2 larger hoses are on the sides for fuel (either side , don't matter) , one thinner one goes in back for air .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

so that is a air hose behind the back of the petcock.. k.. wanted to make sure on dat.. but if anyone wus to have a diagram of all the hoses on the fuel tank of a Ca model.. i would like to see one.. cant seem to find one..

Comment

Those other hoses on the Ca don't do anything at the tank . They come from the carbs and go to the canister . Did you take 'em off ? If so , there's a sticker under the seat that shows how they connect ....

Comment

ahh.. k.. yea.. i took em off.. but i marked how they went on.. im want to double check though.. thks a lot.. i didn't know there was a diagram on the bottom of the seat.. thks..

Comment

PRETTY sure there's a diagram under there somewhere . But it's not hard .... there's 2 lines coming from the bottom of th carbs that go to the canister .

Comment

hey.. the hose next to the electic connector.. is that just a overfill hose or breather hose or sumthing?? cuz i see it connected to nuttin..

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                PRETTY sure there's a diagram under there somewhere
                By law, Cali models are supposed to have that diagram under the seat (on the plastic of the fender somewhere behind the battery compartment, visible when you take the seat off and lift anything you stored in the bike out of the way).

The factory manual for the pre-98's has the full California routing guide. Depending on whether the last owner tinkered with it (disabled some or all), your hoses may vary.

I don't have the pre-98 routing picture, and without the picture, it's unlikely you'll get it from just my words, but there this fiche file may help:
                90-97 Kat 600 California pollution-control hoses

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

At the petcock ? 2 larger hoses are on the sides for fuel (either side , don't matter) , one thinner one goes in back for air .
                  Actaully, that can matter. If you hook up mine in reverse it doesn't flow fuel properly to one side. FYI.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
                    Actaully, that can matter. If you hook up mine in reverse it doesn't flow fuel properly to one side. FYI.
                    That's a new one on me. As long as the vacuum is in the center rear, both sides should flow evenly unless there's a problem with the diaphram (or the routing to keep the hoses down-hill the whole way to the carbs).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                      Originally posted by steves
                      That's a new one on me. As long as the vacuum is in the center rear, both sides should flow evenly unless there's a problem with the diaphram (or the routing to keep the hoses down-hill the whole way to the carbs).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Mine was a routing problem. When connected in reverse, one side was too low.
                      -Steve

sigpic
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Ti
                        hey.. the hose next to the electic connector.. is that just a overfill hose or breather hose or sumthing?? cuz i see it connected to nuttin..
                        Yeah , 2 hoses under there just hang , actually . One on that ring with the sender wires (usually missing) , and one in the center bottom .

Comment

Working...
                        X