X

Got my new exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my new exhaust

I just installed my V & H exhaust waiting on jet kit and filters before i can put it all back together and then i will post some before and after pics from bone stock to how i like em flat black and fast.
    FASTER FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

be interesting to see what jets you end up using. i have pretty much all new components in my carbs now, worn emulsion tubes was the biggest problem. I got a 1992 pre98kat with k&n pods and a full vance and hines ss2r system. Got rid of the yoshi, it was about to fall apart. not to mention the inability for anyone within half mile to think because of the sound. but anyways. I think i have 124 mains, and the needles at 3 or so. However it doesn't run right. I think i need to go to 126 mains and lean the needle out one clip. But i'm not going to mess with it, I am going to let my dyno guy do it after he does the valves. I am using dynojet's jet kit.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I did just notice the other day while i was letting my bike run that there is a leak between the midpipe and the header, it is because the mounting bracket for the can didn't allow a good alignment, I am thinking i need to oblong the hole to make it fit better, might want to see if you got the same problem. however i had a pretty big fiasco with mine

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

i had a problem with mine too they didnt give directions i havent noticed a leak but it hasnt been run much because i dont have filters or a jet kit yet the jet kit i am getting is the stage 3 from dyno jet

Comment

I got the stage 3 from dynojet as well. it comes with jets 120 then next step up is 126. They say on the paper that stage 3 is 140 or 144 main jets, their is no way the kat will run that. Well it will but it will act almost like flooding out and and only run decent above 10k. How did you cut your lower fairing? I can email the directions for install if you want, that is after i find mine. I don't like how there was some rust already, just little bit, and that you put the black springs to hold the can to midpipe.

Comment

here is a picture of where my exhaust is leaking. I think it can be fixed by just oblonging the mounting bracket for the can.

Comment

How about some high temp RV sealant? Worked for my D & D.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

i dont need the directions i got it all on just took a little while and i havent cut my fairings yet ill post pics of how i do it i should be working on it this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                X