X

Had some time today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had some time today

Being in need off a saddle I did some research on the costs for a new saddle made by some professional firm.
    Prices offered were all around a solid 300-350 euro.(about 375$-440$), so I decided to make it myself.
    I bought some polyurethane, a meter off purfoam, a meter off strong skai-"leather" and a sheet off allumunium 3mm thick for about 40 euro (50 buck)

the victim.

made a template out off cardboard.

made the saddlebase using the aluminium and polyurethane

cut the foam

attached the skaileather with a staplegun.

And here you are.

took me about 4 hours to fab the whole thing....

nice job

Comment

looks great!

Comment

Re: Had some time today

looks good. I have an extra seat for my bike so I'm going to attempt to make my own gel seat with it. know of any gel pad suppliers?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Nice...looks great Roger!

Comment

Looks great.
            Bike is sold

Comment

You have so much skill that I wouldn't be surprised if I sent you to your room for a month, you'd turn out a new bike that would put the big-4 to shame...

Really nice!

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Amazing.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  You have so much skill that I wouldn't be surprised if I sent you to your room for a month, you'd turn out a new bike that would put the big-4 to shame...

Really nice!

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Thanks Dad , thought I had dealt with my youth-traumas , but after reading this I feel I need to contact my shrink again

Comment

Originally posted by chinto
                    looks good. I have an extra seat for my bike so I'm going to attempt to make my own gel seat with it. know of any gel pad suppliers?
                    Yes I do know some, but they are overhere in Belgium, guess that's no option for you....

Comment

looks really good
                      www.gleno.net
                      what doesnt kill you will only make you wiser and stronger

Comment

Originally posted by chinto

Comment

A little update...

During the last week I've been busy making a complete new (custommized) harness for the bike, since the CDI, fusebox, regulator aso will be housed in the tail.
                          It's got extra cables for alarm, pro-oiler, temp-sensors, dash aso integrated, so no ugly possibly_trouble_causing connectors anymore

The bike is completely stripped down to the frame now, allmost forgot to weld a new batterybox, so I made that "on the fly" will bring the frame in tomorrow for PC-ing (gun-metal grey)
                          Next step will be repairing some minor "fairing-damages", welding the tank-indents and after that a new paintjob for the bike (still playing with some ideas, however the colorscheme will be the same anyway, still got plenty off those paints sitting on the shelf)
                          Guess I will find myself rebuilding the bike by the end off March, just in time for the new ridingseason overhere.

Comment

Working...
                          X