X

Anyone ever thought about this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever thought about this?

Ok there are alot of great exhausts out there. But has anyone thought of making there own, and I dont mean just hacking the pipe off and placing a piece of straight pipe on. thats not a diss on anyone I have done that too. But I remeber reading about a guy who made exhausts for buells and he started out using small fire exstinguisher can (that gotta be wrong spelling) ok well there is going to be a TSC opening up down the road from me and the sell sheet metal. so anyone ever draw up any plans or had an idea you really would like to of seen happen?
    HILLBILLY DELUXE!!.........SLICK PICK UP TRUCKS.....LIVIN IT UP IN A SMALL TOWN....yep thats me

Fire extinguisher, huh, never thought about that. There are different sizes, so I suppose it would make a nice shell allthough it might weigh too much (I think they are pretty thick).
    If I'm thinking right, you would hole saw the base for the diameter of the pipe, slide your baffled tube in, weld it up, then pack it. Now that I think about it, it sounds easy. To bad I suck at welding.
    AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

Yeah there are diffrernt sizes, I thought the same about the weight too. but what I was thinking was making a mini Flow master and place it under the bike like the GP style exhausts.
      HILLBILLY DELUXE!!.........SLICK PICK UP TRUCKS.....LIVIN IT UP IN A SMALL TOWN....yep thats me

Comment

You guys are nutz, you are gonna go deaf, what... Just kidding... I'm most likely just going to buy a scorpion can due to no packing...
        "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

If you're going that way be prepared to have to redesign it several times, so just make a cheapmaterial-prototype which you'll be able to modify untill you're satisfied.
          Did make myself a dual midpipe from scratch for the Frankenkat, it took me several trialdesigns to find the best length, angles and diameters (checked it on the Dyno)
          Keep in mind a can is not just a can, volume length inner-mechanics, innerdiameter everything is part off the equation resulting in a well- or bad-performing exhaustsys.
          So for a start I would suggest to calculate volume from the dimensions off a good aftermarket can.

Comment

First off, make sure you discharge the fire extinguisher before you drill into it.
            Sorry, had to say that
            But seriously, a fire extinguisher is going to be real heavy. I've seen some stainless steel water filter housings, about 5-6 inches diameter and, say, 18 inches long that would make sweet looking cans. Maybe check at a plumbing store?

Comment

LOL im not going to use a fire exstinguisher. Im thinking box style about three inches tall and six to eight inches long. so it will fit under the bike

Comment

Maybe Ill just save my money and buy one of these first. I asked the guy for a pic of it hooked to the header. I bet this sucker is loud.

Comment

Working...
                X