X

D&D question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D question

Ok i have been reading some postes on exhaust and everything and i have been seeing that the D&D system is loud. What i am wondering is how loud is loud and what kind of tone does it put out. i am just wondering cause i have spotted full system for about 200$ and if its not to horable i was thinking of getting it. just kinda wondering on this any help would be great.
    Thanks guys

I have a D & D and love the tone. It is basically loud and rude. Not a harley or dirt bike loud or tone, just deep, loud tone is the best I can describe it. It is arguably the loudest can you can buy.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

for $200 for a full exhaust that seems to be hard to pass up even if it is the loudest most annoying exhaust on the planet. they arent like ridiculously loud, like a harley, they are just loud. its really hard to explain the sound of an exhaust lol. all i know is that i hate riding behind D&D's.

Comment

I bought a used one on ebay to see if I liked it. I grew to love the sound, but it will get you noticed. I had at least two occasions where cops following me because I was making a lot of noise. Plus I had to shut it down before I pulled in the garage.
        I say for $200 buy it try it out if you don’t’ like it sell it. You may even make a profit.
        sigpic

A Fine is a Tax you pay for doing wrong!
        A Tax is a Fine you pay for doing well!

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u214/Chuckwick357/

Comment

True, great about after market exhausts is they have great re-sale value. At least from what I have seen on e-bay! If you get the D & D, get some foam ear plugs 8)

Also, what style is it? Chrome, black or carbon?
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

Also, I would get some new exhaust gaskets if I were you just to be safe. They have them on ron ayers.

Comment

Originally posted by IForgotMyUserName2
              ...they arent like ridiculously loud, like a harley, they are just loud...all i know is that i hate riding behind D&D's.
              Well, right AND wrong. Not loud, LIKE a Harley, but likely just AS loud- a different kind of loud, due to being on a different kind of motor.

Noise that gets you undue attention from the Gendarmes is not good. Neither is noise that makes you shut off the motor and coast in. Or noise that forces you to wear ear plugs.

Had a 99 Kat750 last summer, had D&D. With my son riding BEHIND ME (exhaust pointed AWAY from me) about A QUARTER MILE BACK, on CURVES at the Gap, I could hear him almost as much as I could me on the Bandit 1200 with a Yosh can.

D&D's have the most obnoxious, stupid sound in all motorcycledom. Avoid at all cost.

There, how's THAT for taking a stand?
              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I love the sound of my D&D, I have had a few other people on Kats that rode behind me that said they liked the sound of it.

Comment

D & Ds are not for those with soft, sensitive, non-masculine, ears.

Seriously, as you can see, some people don't like them but........ you should ride with plugs no matter what muffler you are using. It is just common sense.

Never have been bothered by the many troopers I pass when going to work, the local cops and of course the MPs. I never have to coast or anything with the D & D.

As for Harleys, I don't know what kind of Harleys other people have heard or rode with but the shorty dual pipes around here make the D & D sound like a quiet walk in the woods; including those who I ride with!

Now man up, and go get that D & D!

Comment

I just put a D&D slip on on my 06 Kat 750. It sounds great.

Comment

Why ride with ear plugs? The exhaust has never bothered me.....I tend to tune it out
                      Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

My other half has a D&D on her Ninja 500 (granted, tied to a Jardin racing exhaust header). I won't ride behind her for more than 15 minutes because it gives me a huge splitting headache even with earplugs -- it's that loud. The smaller cylinders on the Kat aren't as bad because each bang is a bit less powerful, but in general, the same applies -- I hate riding behind someone with a D&D in general. It's not nearly as annoying from the driver's perch, but for those behind you, it's a PIA (and a red-flag for attention from every cop within a half-mile). Something to consider if you're not a solitary rider.

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV
                        Why ride with ear plugs? The exhaust has never bothered me.....I tend to tune it out
                        To protect your hearing from noise levels that are damaging. Even with no other noises, the wind-noise level over a helmet at 70 mph borders the boundary of permanent hearing damages for almost every helmet on the market; at 85 mph, no helmet on the market is quieter than what the US government considers the mandatory hearing-protection use in a workplace. Anyway, if you've never tried it, you owe it to yourself to try riding at least a couple times with earplugs -- it reduces total rider fatigue, increases your awareness and lets your mind focus on the sounds it needs to hear better (for the same reason it's easier for your mind to pick out a quiet conversation in a quiet place than a shouted one in a rock concert).

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

to answer you katanasoldier its carbon fiber can with the 4-2-1 headers

Comment

Carbon is nice! I have the chrome looking one. Maybe the carbon one day........ It was more expensive or else I would have got it.

Comment

There doesn't seem to be much middle ground with D&D's. People either love them, or hate them. Personally, I fall in the "hate them" crowd and wouldn't put one on my bikes even if they were free.

Being cheap is their only redeeming value, IMO. It's not only that they're too loud, but they just don't have a good sound. Very raspy and shrill, especially on a Katana. Build quality is also a step down from other pipes I've owned. And yes, I did have a D&D so I am speaking from personal experience. It was on my VFR when I bought it. I pulled it in favor of a stock pipe within a month or two.
                              I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Working...
                              X