X

a new dash what do you think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a new dash what do you think?

As some off you will know I once built a custom electronic dash (its pics are still in the album)
    Well I sold it to a guy for an offer I could not refuse, so I'm watching for a new one.
    Asked myself if I wanted to build it myself again but I'm in doubt...
    Collecting ideas for a new one I ran into the Acumen SP700, the brand Acumen stands for superior quality I do like the looks, know I will probably miss the analog tacho but on the other hand I will be able to program the PD8 to substitute it, so I guess that's no real problem.
    What would you do? either build a new one or buy this one?
    Honestly I tend to buy a new one saving a lot off work, time, blood, sweat and tears...........

The Acumen

The homebrew one

That is awesome! (Homebrew)
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Homebrew all the way.

Comment

I like how the homebrew on looks lit up . But I like analog better , too .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The old one is cool, the one your looking at is ok...I prefer the motogadgets

Comment

Homebrew

you little sadists

But ok the Acumen goes on the list off "possible choices"

If one off you guys would happen to know a nice alternative please post it!

@Waltari
            Do you mean this one Matthew?

or this one? (guess I know which one you prefer )

Comment

Love the look of the Hombrew that is one sweet looking setup. Reminds me of Kitt's dash from Knight Rider.

Comment

Question is Roger...how much do you want to spend

Comment

With all the folks that were asking about how to convert to a digital dash and you didn't speak up? Shame on you.

I've never liked the Acumen dash. To much to it. I did like the motolight and motosign. Those would look alright. Either way, I'm the kind of guy that likes a digital speedo and analog tach. Seems that your homebrew went along those lines. So, as a suggestion, I'd find one that does that for you.
                  Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                  -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                  -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                    Question is Roger...how much do you want to spend
                    As a matter off fact I did spent a couple off hundred bucks to mod the bike allready so some more won't be that problem I guess Matthew.

@Brooder
                    Nobody ever asked me, never read a question about it either, so I'm not ashamed at all. (though I should read a bit more I guess )
                    All I can tell the former dash took me about 3 months off work plus a solid 400+ buck .......
                    People tend to think these mods can be done in some hours but I can tell you that every step will take hours sometimes even days to accomplish.

Comment

Originally posted by kwebbel
                      People tend to think these mods can be done in some hours but I can tell you that every step will take hours sometimes even days to accomplish.
                      Thats what I always say

Comment

I really like the homebrew one, but I have seen aftermarket solutions that I liked a lot better than the Acumen offerings listed at kneedraggers. But I can't remember the URL...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

hi...new to the kat bike and also to bikes. Is the 97 kat 600 gauge digital or machincal. If electrical, then would it be possible to find a set from a newer suzuki and splice on to the your bike and make a custom mount???

Comment

The tach is "electronic", the odometer is "mechanical".
                            Everything is possible but I wouldn't recommend using a set from a newer Suzuki (or any other bike) you'll find yourself in trouble fysically not being able to adjust parameters. (most if not all new bikes "read" speed and distance at the frontsprocket using a hall-effect sensor or inductive switch..)

Comment

Originally posted by Waltari
                              Originally posted by kwebbel
                              Thats what I always say
                              Well since my shed has 4 old dashes hanging on the wall I know what you're saying..

I still favor the newer GSXR dash. You can still modify it a little..
                              But the GSXR is clean, modern... and completed!

Comment

Working...
                              X