X

ELECTRIC GEARS SHIFTER

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELECTRIC GEARS SHIFTER

HEY GUYS AND GALS I HAD A QUESTION IS ANYONE FAMILAR WITH A ELECTRIC UP/DOWN GEAR SHIFTERS BY A CO CALLED PINGEL ANY INPUT WOULD BE WELCOME
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

They have a website....

Manufacturer and distributor of high performance motorcycle parts and accessories for street and drag. Find fuel valves (petcocks), wheel chocks, air shifters, all electric shifter kits, wheelie bars and more here. Products for Yamaha, Harley-Davidson, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Honda available.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

I've seen them, but unless you are drag racing and specifically looking at trap-times, I can't imagine using one on a street bike. I would also be leary of using one to down-shift on a Katana transmission.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

its gotta be hard on the tranny to use that for downshift
        97 Katana 600
        [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

THE CO SAID THAT THAT DEVICE CAN BE USED ON ANY TYPE OF BIKE NOT JUST SPORTS BIKE DA YAMAHA fj 1300 USED A FACTORY ELECTRIC SHIFTER ON THIER BIKE
          sigpicAllan

Comment

THE CO STATED THAT IT CAN BE USED ON ANY TYPE OF BIKE NOT JUST SPORTS BIKE DA YAMAHA fj 1300 USED A ELECTRIC SHIFTER AS A FACTORY ADD ON
            sigpicAllan

Comment

Originally posted by JBLUE
              THE CO SAID THAT THAT DEVICE CAN BE USED ON ANY TYPE OF BIKE NOT JUST SPORTS BIKE DA YAMAHA fj 1300 USED A FACTORY ELECTRIC SHIFTER ON THIER BIKE
              The factory 07 Yamaha FJR1300A uses Yamaha-built equipment as their electronic shifter, using a dual-throw solenoid to run the shifter and a second solenoid to actually activate the clutch for each shift (very quickly, but still using the clutch). Everyone keeps acting like the FJR1300A is an automatic bike -- it's not: it has a full wet-clutch and uses it; it's just the rider doesn't have a direct hand in operating the clutch.

And while it may be true that you can bolt that aftermarket Pingel shifter onto any bike, that doesn't mean that every bike has exactly the same amount of gear tooth spline depth, the same gear-face hardness values, or is designed to take downshifts that simply slam the gears home without use of the clutch. I point you back to this thread (NHTSA Investigation: suzuki 2nd gear failure rates & causes) where Suzuki specifically says shifting without using the clutch is one of the two primary causes of 2nd gear failures.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If they website says that it can be done then IT MUST BE A GOOD IDEA.

Comment

THANKS FOR THE INFRO CYBER POET I TOO THOUGHT THE YAMAHA WAS AUTO
                  sigpicAllan

Comment

Working...
                  X