PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Push Rod Seal Replacement

Halfnelsen
01-24-2007, 09:40 AM
I have everything stripped down and I'm trying to get the old rod seal out but am having difficulties doing so. Any tips from somebody who has done it, or am I going to have to break down and take it to the shop. Any feedback appreciated.

edit: I have the sprocket cover off and everything stripped down. Do I have to take apart all the the clutch to be able to take the push rod completely out and then get the seal out? Thanks

md86
01-27-2007, 02:48 AM
Rod will pull right out . No need to take much off . I TRIED to do my sprocket seal last summer , but it wouldn't come out :dunno: . I was told it SHOULD come right out . MAYBE a seal puller would help :thinking ..... It's kinda like a hook .

Halfnelsen
01-30-2007, 06:52 AM
I worked on getting the seal out again Sunday. After getting back to it and getting a smaller flat screwdriver I was able to pry the old seal out. :D I then used the tools from the bike kit to tap the new one into place. I first tried a socket but all the ones I had were not deep enough. The tool in the kit was almost the same exact size of the seal. Put some new oil in and put everything back together and it should be ready to roll come spring.

HS2020
01-30-2007, 12:23 PM
You just answered my question I had. I am going to be doing the samething here soon. I have one on the way.