PDA

View Full Version : Unbolted subframe now clutch feels stiff.

shownlow97
01-24-2007, 04:23 AM
Well I just got my 97 600 kat about 2 weeks ago, still havn't got a chance to take it out yet seeing as how it keeps snowing here in Ohio. Anyway's the other day with the help of some members I dropped the subframe to fix a oil leak on the side of the head (loose bolt). I dont know much about bike's or clutch's but I have worked on quite a few car's before. I took the cover for the front sprocket off (part the clutch cable goes into) to get to a bolt (on the subframe) and when I put it back together I noticed the clutch felt alot harder to pull in. It has a fairly new clutch cable on the bike with the part number still on it. I was wondering if theres a chance that when I put it together the rod that sticks out and goes into the part that the clutch cable hooks to inside the cover might not be lined up right. Im not to sure what it's called since I never worked with a clutch before but it uses the clutch cable to pull the rod up inside the cover (has one hole specifically for the rod infront of the front sprocket) sorry if I confused anyone but I dont really know what anything's called lol. Im getting ready to head down to Florida for a few weeks with a good friend to go riding since we both have family by Ft myers and cape coral, and I want to check and re check everythinng to make sure it's good to go.

HS2020
01-24-2007, 12:35 PM
You may have to readjust your clutch since you had the cover off. Look into the how to forum. I put up a how to on adjusting your clutch. You also may want to put some cable lube on there.

The part you are refering to is called the clutch relase mechanism. It is a worm gear that is right behind the rubber grommet on the cover. I do not think you messed anything up but try the steps I posted and you should be good to go.

shownlow97
01-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks a bunch!!!! I found it I think this weekend im gonna give it a shot and try it out.