Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Do any other exhausts bolt onto the Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any other exhausts bolt onto the Katana?

My buddy has a '94 600. It's seen better days, so we're making it a custom project.
    One thing I'd like to do, is run the exhaust up under the seat.
    The whole rear fender and seat is coming off, to be modified.
    Has anybody done anything like this?
    It would be nice if I could take headers from a model with that kind of exhaust.

Good luck on this dude. Others have TRIED this.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

I would suggest finding a wrecked 600cc bike that has the rear subframe and underseat exhaust combined available to try to plumb it in. I doubt you'd want to do it with the stock rear subframe (not to mention issues with clearing the shock and heat dissipation to make sure both the underside of the seat and the shock don't get too hot).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
        Good luck on this dude. Others have TRIED this.
        If they TRIED this they should have tried harder, anything can be done...
        Hardest will be to design a midpipe which flows with the frame and subframe.
        Besides that you will find yourself chopping off the subframe and relocating the load off shiat positioned behind the engine underneath the battery-compartment.
        So in the end all you need is a muffler, a tail, welding experience and ability to make it the way you want. piece off cake

Comment

Sounds like fun...
          Have welder, have muffler, WISH I had a pipe-bender.

Comment

Just buy a good quality pipe with the right diameter and once you're sure about the design have it bend in a workshop, I have the opportunity to do that at work or put it together in pieces and weld it together using a TIG-welder.

Comment

kwbbel--Just looked at your profile and all I can say is WOW...Now I see your avitar that is a really neat bike but you don't have any additional pic's in your profile...Please put some I would really like to see your bike in bigger pics....Also you have your profile of the bike that states:
              Make: Suzuki
              Model: GSX600F
              Year: 1997
              Engine: Bandit 1200 with 1371 cc overborekit
              Color: orange/blue/silver
              Wheels/Rims: Gixxer front, VFR800i rear

What part of the bike is still a GSX600F?

Understand I'm not trying to insult or razz you I'm just curious and really amazed by your bike...
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                kwbbel--Just looked at your profile and all I can say is WOW...Now I see your avitar that is a really neat bike but you don't have any additional pic's in your profile...Please put some I would really like to see your bike in bigger pics....Also you have your profile of the bike that states:
                Make: Suzuki
                Model: GSX600F
                Year: 1997
                Engine: Bandit 1200 with 1371 cc overborekit
                Color: orange/blue/silver
                Wheels/Rims: Gixxer front, VFR800i rear

What part of the bike is still a GSX600F?

Understand I'm not trying to insult or razz you I'm just curious and really amazed by your bike...
                How could I take such as an insult bro?
                As my sig states only the cooler is still stock everything else is either modded or upgraded.
                For the most recent pics....

Comment

Well the cooler is still a Katana and the frame, eventhough modded is also still a Katana Frame but everything else is just WOW....thumbs up to that modification...
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

That is a sweet setup!

Looking at what kind of work (and parts) had to go into it, I'm not sure it's quite the type of project I want to get into.

I kind of like the weekend projects; change a few details, ride during the week, change something next weekend...

Comment

Working...
                    X