X

pre98 exhaust on a 98+

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre98 exhaust on a 98+

hey guys I will be swapping the motor out of my '94 600 Kat for a 98+ 600 and was wondering if my vance&hines supersport exhaust will work, it's a full system BTW. thanks-JAM
    THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!!!!!!

Well , the 98+ has a more shallow oil pan don't it .....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
      Well , the 98+ has a more shallow oil pan don't it .....
      If that's the case does it mean you have a bigger gap between the pipe underneath?? If so use it as storage...
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

You wouldn't have anywhere to hang the left pipe unless you welded a new bracket on. Pre98 pipes are also a little shorter.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
          You wouldn't have anywhere to hang the left pipe unless you welded a new bracket on. Pre98 pipes are also a little shorter.
          But if its a pre98 chasis then the mounts should still line up right? This is more of a question of whether or not the flanges are going to bolt up to the exhaust ports on the 98+ engine. I would guess yes since you can reverse the process and put 98+ exhausts on pre98's, however I have some engines at home I can map out later tonight and give you a certain answer....
          None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
          -Robert Morrison

"
          well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Originally posted by philwecksr
            Originally posted by steves
            But if its a pre98 chasis then the mounts should still line up right? This is more of a question of whether or not the flanges are going to bolt up to the exhaust ports on the 98+ engine. I would guess yes since you can reverse the process and put 98+ exhausts on pre98's, however I have some engines at home I can map out later tonight and give you a certain answer....
            I misunderstood the question.... I thought he wanted to put a pre 2x exhaust on a 98+. the flanges match up for all years.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
            X