4 into 1 Exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 into 1 Exhaust

Hi all.

I was thinking of changing my standard exhaust on my 93 GSX750F to 4 into 1. Is there anything else need doing like re-turning the carbies etc. How is the performance when changed????

Cheers aussieboy.

Yeah, when you go to a performance exhaust, you will want to get a Jet Kit for your carbs, and a high performance Air Cleaner (like a K&N).

I went from a stock '06 600 and put the 4/2/1 Hindle exhaust, a jet kit, and a K&N, and I notice a difference.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

4 Into 1 Change over

I had a Vance and Hines (Round Canister) 4 into 1 Supersport full system on my 89 GSX750F. There was a noticable increase in power over stock pipes. The jetting remained stock. my only complaint was that it was to loud and I ended up going back to the stock pipes.These pipes fit 1989-1996 so you may have similer results.

Comment

Re: 4 into 1 Exhaust

Originally posted by aussieboy
        Hi all.

I was thinking of changing my standard exhaust on my 93 GSX750F to 4 into 1. Is there anything else need doing like re-turning the carbies etc. How is the performance when changed????

Cheers aussieboy.
        If you get an afterarket pipe , it'll be a full system , and hence will require a rejet . But , you can get a 98+ stock pipe . You'll need the 98+ oil pan and pickup , too ....
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I get the idea that he's asking about taking a factory dual exhaust and modifying it by cutting the muffler off one side and welding a connector pipe from that outlet to the other muffler.

The '94 Kat 600 poject bike I just bought has had this done, but I haven't got it to running condition yet to see how this affects performance. My guess is it would be restrictive, as the one remaining muffler appears to be stock (not opened-up in any way).

Has anyone heard of someone doing this, and the results from that mod?
          '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

Working...
          X