X

can you id these carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you id these carbs?

I have a set of 40mm mikunis that I was going to put on my V&H engine, but they don't fit. the spacing isn't the same. I picked them up off of ebay and they said they were a 750. I am thinking it was a 750 liquid cooled....and not oil-air.

I am going to slap them on ebay and hope to get my money back.....and will describe them as "not sure what the hell they are from". but it would be cool to know at least if they are indeed off a liquid or an oil cooled.

the only damn numbers I could find on them were 46E0 and K3X1.

any idea how to tell if they are liquid cooled or not?

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

My quickie research shows an BST40SS, from a GSXR-1100W, E-25, E-28, E-34, or E-53 spec. W would be 1998, liquid cooled.
    93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

those are from a Suzuki GSXR1100WR

liquid cooled 1100

46E0 part numbers coincide with that year

http://www.easttnriders.com

Comment

thank you very much guys. may I ask where you referenced these numbers? I tried looking it up, but couldn't find it. I don't have much carb experience.

Comment

93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

cool....thanks.

I only paid $75 for them...plus $10 shipping.....at least that is what I think I paid. I know the total was not over $100. I just stuck them on ebay last night at $75 to start....and it is at a $100 now...so that's cool. 6 days to go with 18 people with them on their watch list...so maybe I will get enough out of them for a good part of the cost of a nice set of used 38mm Keihin fcr's...which is what I want anyway. these suckers new go for like $12-1400 US for a set for my bike.

you need decent carbs when you start running modded engines...such as bigger bores and valves. I know there are a few of you on here with these mods....hope you ain't using the stock 34mm carbs.
            the guy that had the engine before me was running (sprint car racing) 41mm keihins.
            He experimented and said those gave him the best performance and less hassels. the problem is that 41mm would be around $2k for a new set......and $800 to 1k for a set of used, if you can find them. That's too much anyway. It will break my budget for this bike. I set a limit for what I will put into it.

I am a patient guy.....and a deal will come my way someday....like always. but for now.....I need some frickin' carbs. This is the most difficult thing to get settled. I refuse to even waste my time sticking those old 34mm stock carbs on that engine.

Comment

Working...
            X