X

Sprocket Cover Screws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprocket Cover Screws

Bike fell over last year, and I replaced the cracked stock sprocket cover with a new one.. Unfortunately the one of the screws were too short. Thus, I have about a drop of oil leaking from the bottom every day. Definately not a lot, but, enough to get on my nerves.

Anyone know where I can find some replacements? Will a basic hardware store carry them, or are they proprietary to the bike?

Thanks for the help!

When you say the clutch cover, you mean the big cover on the right side with the oil glass, or the cover on the left side over the sprocket?

Mojoe has my spare bolts and measurements for the sprocket covers...

They are metric allen cap screws. You should be able to find them just about anywhere, but make sure to match the grade of steel and threads correctly.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Did you replace the gasket also?
      Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by steves
        When you say the clutch cover, you mean the big cover on the right side with the oil glass, or the cover on the left side over the sprocket?

Mojoe has my spare bolts and measurements for the sprocket covers...

They are metric allen cap screws. You should be able to find them just about anywhere, but make sure to match the grade of steel and threads correctly.
        It's the cover on the left side of the bike.. The bike tippped to the left, had to replace cover and clutch lever.. Everything runs great, just a tiny drip leak..

I'm not positive which size I need, but I guess if I can go to a shop I'll just pick up a few and see which one fits the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
          No I didn't.. I was thinking that would be a good idea.. Best place to get one?

Comment

Fixed the Title of the Thread, thanks for the clarification.

Comment

That's not an oil seal cover.... Literally just a cover over the sprocket.

The sprocket cover has 6 bolts, which are almost all different sizes. you might have mixed two of the bolts up?

Which number from this fiche?
              -Steve

sigpic

Comment

I found this on Bike Bandit.. Didn't see a seperate link for for 1998 Katana 600, just 750, but this looks like it will work...

Going to order 16,18,19,and 21.. I can't find part 20 on the list.. Hopefully thats not the size I need.

Good call on the gasket though.. Definately a good idea.. Especially for 6 bucks..

Comment

So you broke the starter cover then? I think those are all the same size bolts... PM mojoe.
                  -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by steves
                    That's not an oil seal cover.... Literally just a cover over the sprocket.

The sprocket cover has 6 bolts, which are almost all different sizes. you might have mixed two of the bolts up?

Which number from this fiche?
                    Looks like the same fiche as Bike Bandit, so I'd like to order 1 of each of the screws. Just to be safe and cover all options.

Comment

Dealer

Originally posted by h382
                      Originally posted by Spedee
                      No I didn't.. I was thinking that would be a good idea.. Best place to get one?
                      Bike is sold

Comment

Working...
                      X