X

CF heal guard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CF heal guard

Here's my first crack at making a carbon fiber heal guard. What do ya think?

Not bad for not having any vacuum bagging equipment and using the inside of the OEM guard as the mold.
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever."

Looks good. You only making enough for yourself, or enough to sell too? What's something like that cost to make?

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

looks good!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

I have about 3 yards of cloth left. Not sure on exact cost of materials, but less than $10. Maybe if I get it perfected I will sell them. I need to fiberglass the back sides to thicken the piece up, but will probably need to wait for nice weather cause the wife will kill me if I stink up the house; again.
        "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever."

Comment

Let me know if you get some made that you want to sell!
          02' Katana 600
          D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

I think that looks pretty good. I've been contemplating trying to cover my busa heel plates with carbon fibre. Where did you find your materials & inspiration?
            Blk Kat06 RIP Replaced with GSXR750k7
            Blue/Blue 2008 Busa

Comment

Working...
            X