X

Integrated brake and turn signals pre-98

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrated brake and turn signals pre-98

I have searched with no luck. I wanted to know if anyone has put the turn signals in with the brake light housing. If so where can i find the write up or link.

someone here did do it on their pre98 600, I just don't remember who. Try a more thorough search and I'm sure you'll get to it.

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
      someone here did do it on their pre98 600, I just don't remember who. Try a more thorough search and I'm sure you'll get to it.
      I can't think of it...wasn't it the guy who blacked it out but left two round circles?

That was an awesome looking bike...yellow I believe

Comment

Yeah, something like that I think. He cut two holes inside the assembly to house the blinkers and then used a styrofoam cup to keep the light on one side of the housing. And doesn't seqx34 (name sp?) have something similiar with a carbon fiber sheet cut and wrapped on the assembly?

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
          Yeah, something like that I think. He cut two holes inside the assembly to house the blinkers and then used a styrofoam cup to keep the light on one side of the housing. And doesn't seqx34 (name sp?) have something similiar with a carbon fiber sheet cut and wrapped on the assembly?

notice the turnsignals...not integrated

to integrate, all you would need to do is change the holder from an 1156 (single filament) to an 1157 (dual filament)...and then modify the wiring....or to use LED's with a clear lens

Comment

Would amber LED's show through Yellow or dark orange through the Red cover?? I am working on a integrated light for mine but got other irons in the fire right now...
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
              Would amber LED's show through Yellow or dark orange through the Red cover?? I am working on a integrated light for mine but got other irons in the fire right now...
              I doubt it....the LEDS are bright though...so they would shine through, but the yellow would be indistinguishable from the red...so it wouldn't be practical I think....save time and do the twin bulb.

some people did the twin bulb mod on the front of the 98+ kat...bright for turning...lower wattage were running lioghts....very nice with clear lenses and amber bulbs

Comment

I think that this is what you are looking for:

Someone else did the same mod here:

Comment

I appreciate the help. I am going to try this tonite.

Comment

I just completed my tail light integration. I used two turn signal plugs from a junkyard. I took a solder gun and melted two holes and then pushed the plugs into the holes. It fits and looks great. I can submit pics if anyone is interested. I appreciate the help though!

Comment

Pics would be cool.

Comment

Yes Please post some picts.

Comment

Pics would be cool.
                          +1
                          There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

I tried to post the pics but it keeps telling me the file size is too big. Any ideas?

Comment

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

or
                              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X