PDA

View Full Version : rearhugger install

edub
01-05-2007, 10:04 AM
just got a new rearhugger for an 06. does anyone have any input on how to drill the holes in it without scrathing the paint too bad?

Range
01-05-2007, 12:37 PM
place masking tape on it...mark the tape...drill through tape....then remove...simple as that.

another trick...drill a small pilot hole first....

edub
01-05-2007, 01:29 PM
thanx. i have another problem though.how in the heck do you get that plastic breakline holder on the swingarm off ? the space is so tight in there , i can't get a screwdriver iin there. i need to get that off to measure for my holes.

The CyberPoet
01-05-2007, 05:28 PM
You bend the metal over the rubber. It will bend under medium force...

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet

Tiny1877
01-05-2007, 10:54 PM

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet

Say what?

Tiny1877
01-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Mine came pre-drilled, so I can't help you there, but I used a socket and flex adapter on my '05 kat to get that brakeline holder off.

The CyberPoet
01-06-2007, 12:39 AM

Say what?

98+ rear brake line runs up across the top of the right spar of the swingarm, and about half way between the caliper and the master cylinder is a piece of metal on the swingarm that encircles a rubber retainer on the brake line hose. At least on the 98-02 Kats, that piece of metal isn't bolted on, but is welded on and is bendable (required to release the brake line when you replace it). I thought that was the part he was talking about.

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet

edub
01-06-2007, 05:56 PM
thanx cyberpoet . i was wondering about that also.

Tiny1877
01-07-2007, 01:01 AM

Say what?

98+ rear brake line runs up across the top of the right spar of the swingarm, and about half way between the caliper and the master cylinder is a piece of metal on the swingarm that encircles a rubber retainer on the brake line hose. At least on the 98-02 Kats, that piece of metal isn't bolted on, but is welded on and is bendable (required to release the brake line when you replace it). I thought that was the part he was talking about.

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet

OHhh, OK. Well, since he's asking about an 06, I'd assume it's the same as an 05 and is bolted on. ;)

The CyberPoet
01-07-2007, 03:52 AM
So, Tiny, if I understand you correctly, you are saying on your '05, the part circled in red below is a bolt-on part?

http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/temp/swingarm.gif

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet

Spedee
01-07-2007, 04:24 AM
He maybe talking about the plastic part just ahead of the line clamp.

edub
01-07-2007, 08:54 AM
You got it Spedee. How did you get that thing off ?I see you have a hugger from Artfibras too. Did yours come without being pre drilled? If it did can you give me any tips for measuring it for those holes? Thanx

Spedee
01-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Mine wasn't drilled either.
Try lip stick on the hole and then press the hugger against it when your happy with the placement. The lipstick should leave a spot to drill.

You got it Spedee. How did you get that thing off ?I see you have a hugger from Artfibras too. Did yours come without being pre drilled? If it did can you give me any tips for measuring it for those holes? Thanx

Spedee
01-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Opps. Missed the first question. I used a small bit and visegrips to hold the bit. Not a lot of room unless you take the whole inner fender out.

edub
01-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanx a lot Spedee. I'm gonna try and do this next week some time . Waveman did you get all that?

Spedee
01-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah he sent me a PM about the same thing. Hope he found this.

Thanx a lot Spedee. I'm gonna try and do this next week some time . Waveman did you get all that?

Special K
01-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Didn't you post this somewherer else just today?

I could swear I just sawy this and posted to it elsewhere............ :shock: :roll:

No need to post twice................just wait an hour or so............you're sure to get some good answers!

ronnie.w
01-08-2007, 01:56 AM
:-D What color lipstick??? Ruby Red?? :lol: :lolcry: :lol:

Range
01-08-2007, 09:34 AM
why does Spedee just happen to have lipstick handy in his garage?

I am a little concerned about this disturbing development.

waveman
01-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Yippers, got it thanx guys !

Spedee
01-08-2007, 01:40 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

why does Spedee just happen to have lipstick handy in his garage?

I am a little concerned about this disturbing development.