X

Mirrored see through windscreen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirrored see through windscreen

New to this forum, have been searching for a Mirrored (silver) but see-through windshield for my 2006 750. I have used the search function, and checked many,many manufacturers websites. Have found many smoke, dark smoke, gradient, etc. windscreens which will fit, but have my heart set on a mirrored see through one, Like my HJC mirrored visor. Any help would be appreciated.
    "If I worry, will the future..change?"

Mine is Solid Gold Chrome , but you could check: www.sportechinc.com

They have see through chrome windscreens I think.
    2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
    Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
    "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
    Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
    Veteran of the United States Air Force.
    "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

I can't find the see thru ones. I have been looking for a blue one.

Here is a solid reflective chrome one though.

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

go to the nearest dealership. i checked on it and i can pick one up for no more than like 50 i believe... but its not really at the top of my priority list right now so i dunno exact details. but yea definately check with your dealer, the have almost all the parts i cant find, even on ebay.
        Fo Sho.

Comment

Thanks, Guess you can't find Everything online, I will check with some of the local (south carolina) dealers, and see if they can hook me up with some shiny see-through.....

Comment

I did try the local (greenville/anderson) dealers, they couldnt find anything either in a see through mirrored version. They suggested I go to a car window tinting place and see if they could tint a stock one. Anyone have any experience with this? Should I buy a stock windscreen and try to have it tinted? Thanks,
            Biggusjavascript:emoticon('')
            Confused

Comment

So the ones by Sportech are not see through? I always thought they were..
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I would just try the mirrored polished. The ones I have seen look just like the visors but you just can't see through them. Why go through all that hassle with getting one tinted anyway?
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                  So the ones by Sportech are not see through? I always thought they were..
                  My Gold Chrome is a solid Sportech windscreen. I never used to look through the stock one anyways. Actually, this one keeps the glaring sunlight off of the guages. 8) The solid one only blocks what I can't see anyway about 1 or 2 feet infront of the wheel. Other than that it is no difference from stock. It looks damn good too. 8)
                  "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                  Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php

Comment

I have never seen a transparent-chrome windscreen....imagine it would be expensive to produce

you don't really look through it anyway, and it does keep the glare off your gauges.

Comment

You could take your existing windshield (if it's in great shape) or a new clear one and send it out to a vacuum plater to have the interior surface plated -- a good vacuum plater should be able to get a density level that will give you a partial see-through effect. This is the way it's done on visors by the manufacturers.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, also just wondering being a new katana rider, I do look through the windshield when tucking down to stay out of the wind, and it feels pretty stable. I noted several riders who don't look through it, is my riding position too low, or just a little different than others? Thanks,

BiggusKattus

Comment

It's probably your riding position. I don't tuck.

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by biggusKattus
                            Thanks for the suggestions, also just wondering being a new katana rider, I do look through the windshield when tucking down to stay out of the wind, and it feels pretty stable. I noted several riders who don't look through it, is my riding position too low, or just a little different than others? Thanks,

BiggusKattus
                            I don't tuck either. I usually ride 2up with my wife. I am 6'3" tall. If i would tuck she gets all the wind in her face. I am nice, I take the brunt of it all. Thats what good helmets are for right? Having all of the squishy bugs hit me first. Plus it helps to develop strong neck muscles.

Comment

Working...
                            X