PDA

View Full Version : Mirrored see through windscreen

biggusKattus
12-29-2006, 10:56 PM
New to this forum, have been searching for a Mirrored (silver) but see-through windshield for my 2006 750. I have used the search function, and checked many,many manufacturers websites. Have found many smoke, dark smoke, gradient, etc. windscreens which will fit, but have my heart set on a mirrored see through one, Like my HJC mirrored visor. Any help would be appreciated.

JaxKat
12-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Mine is Solid Gold Chrome , but you could check: www.sportechinc.com
www.kneedraggers.com
They have see through chrome windscreens I think.

KatanaSoldier
12-29-2006, 11:25 PM
I can't find the see thru ones. I have been looking for a blue one.

Here is a solid reflective chrome one though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sportech-Chrome-Windscreen-Suzuki-GSXR-1300-Busa-Katana_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35590QQihZ014QQi temZ330067501625QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Built4Speeed
12-30-2006, 02:16 AM
go to the nearest dealership. i checked on it and i can pick one up for no more than like 50 i believe... but its not really at the top of my priority list right now so i dunno exact details. but yea definately check with your dealer, the have almost all the parts i cant find, even on ebay.

biggusKattus
12-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks, Guess you can't find Everything online, I will check with some of the local (south carolina) dealers, and see if they can hook me up with some shiny see-through.....

biggusKattus
01-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I did try the local (greenville/anderson) dealers, they couldnt find anything either in a see through mirrored version. They suggested I go to a car window tinting place and see if they could tint a stock one. Anyone have any experience with this? Should I buy a stock windscreen and try to have it tinted? Thanks,
Biggusjavascript:emoticon(':?')
Confused

Jax
01-05-2007, 11:02 PM
So the ones by Sportech are not see through? I always thought they were..

KatanaSoldier
01-05-2007, 11:30 PM
I would just try the mirrored polished. The ones I have seen look just like the visors but you just can't see through them. Why go through all that hassle with getting one tinted anyway?

JaxKat
01-06-2007, 02:30 AM
So the ones by Sportech are not see through? I always thought they were..

My Gold Chrome is a solid Sportech windscreen. I never used to look through the stock one anyways. :roll: Actually, this one keeps the glaring sunlight off of the guages. 8) The solid one only blocks what I can't see anyway about 1 or 2 feet infront of the wheel. Other than that it is no difference from stock. :twisted: It looks damn good too. 8)

Range
01-06-2007, 09:25 AM
I have never seen a transparent-chrome windscreen....imagine it would be expensive to produce

you don't really look through it anyway, and it does keep the glare off your gauges.

The CyberPoet
01-06-2007, 04:28 PM
You could take your existing windshield (if it's in great shape) or a new clear one and send it out to a vacuum plater to have the interior surface plated -- a good vacuum plater should be able to get a density level that will give you a partial see-through effect. This is the way it's done on visors by the manufacturers.

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet

biggusKattus
01-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, also just wondering being a new katana rider, I do look through the windshield when tucking down to stay out of the wind, and it feels pretty stable. I noted several riders who don't look through it, is my riding position too low, or just a little different than others? Thanks,

BiggusKattus :?

The CyberPoet
01-06-2007, 06:12 PM
It's probably your riding position. I don't tuck.

Cheers,
=-= The CyberPoet

JaxKat
01-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, also just wondering being a new katana rider, I do look through the windshield when tucking down to stay out of the wind, and it feels pretty stable. I noted several riders who don't look through it, is my riding position too low, or just a little different than others? Thanks,

BiggusKattus :?

I don't tuck either. I usually ride 2up with my wife. I am 6'3" tall. If i would tuck she gets all the wind in her face. :twisted: I am nice, I take the brunt of it all. :) Thats what good helmets are for right? Having all of the squishy bugs hit me first. :roll: Plus it helps to develop strong neck muscles. :D