X

D&D exhaust leak question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D exhaust leak question

hey riders i have an exhaust leak on my D&D slip-on near the can. i got the clamp at the tweleve o'clock position and i got it as tight as i can get it. i think if i turn the screw any more i will strip it out and then i am realy screwed. it is only a little leak but i know that there is not supposed to be any air coming out so if anyone has any ideas on how i can fix this, please help a rider out. thanks.
    What did the hand say to the face?... "Slap!"

Im not 100% sure on this, but with my Hindle exhaust, I put some High Temp RTV Silicone (the red stuff) on the inside of all the joints. No leak's what so ever.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Yup, when I installed mine it did the same thing. I also used the high temp rv weld just like sasquatch and it worked like a charm. Any auto parts store has the stuff.
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

hey thanks for the advice. i will be going to pick that up in just a few.

Comment

I'd look for Muffler Mender before High-temp RTV .....
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            I'd look for Muffler Mender before High-temp RTV .....
            that sounds like a great idea too. although i dont realy know where i would find that but i will look for it for future refrence. i did try the hi temp RTV and it worked like a charm. 8)

Comment

Cool! I used it because the guys at a muffler shop told me that is all they use to seal leaks when they install exhausts in cars.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

do you take the can off and put the rv weld directly on the mid pipe & then put the can back on or can you just slide the clamp down the midpipe and put the rv weld around the end of the can directly under where the clamp would be on the midpipe . i'm thinking the pressure of the clamp should make a nice gasket by pressing the rv weld into the gaps on the end of can.
                BLACK KATS R THE SHIZNIT!!!! :flipping:

sigpic

Comment

Yes but follow the directions on the rv weld. It is just like you asked. Basically put it on after you applied the rv weld but do not tighten fully, wait an hour and then tighten all the way if I remember right. It was on the label though and it worked like a charm because there were no leaks after that.

Comment

Working...
                  X