X

1100 headers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 headers

iam looking to replace my headers on a 91 katana 1100. will the ones of a 750 katana or gsxr fit. thank you for any info

I'm pretty sure they will physically fit and bolt on, but I'm not sure that the inner diameter of the headers wouldn't be smaller than what you already have.

Best bet might be to go with 1200 Bandit headers.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

OK I'm in a similar boat right now so here is what I have learned. You *can* use 98+ headers but you are going to have to cut and lengthen them about 1 1/2". And as Court said the inside diameter is smaller. As well the collector is in a different place with 98+ 600/750 Kat headers so you will need a 98+ oil pan. I would advise against this mod.

Like court said look for a set of 2000-2005 Bandit 1200 headers. They are stainless steel, the inside diameter is closer to your 1100, and they are the right length. The problem you will have again is the oil pan. I would advise looking for a 2000-2005 Bandit 1200 or Bandit 600 oil pan as well. The next problem you are going to run into is if you go with a stock Bandit set up you are going ot need either the stock can and mid pipe to go with it or an after market slip on.

Comment

I wanna say that Keith is running either GSXR or Bandit headers....

What's wrong with swapping to the 98+ oil pan? So long as you swap the oil pickup too...
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Clean
          OK I'm in a similar boat right now so here is what I have learned. You *can* use 98+ headers
          Need to be careful of reversion problems, whereby the smaller tube diameter, downstream of the larger ports on the head, form a "shoulder" which causes exhaust gasses to "bounce" back twards the combustion chamber. My caution is theoritical, as I am not sure it will happen with this combo, but I would think it would.
          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
          X