X

Im a newb in need of help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a newb in need of help

this is my first bike, 1994 suzuki gsx/katana 600; at least that is what the ebay auction said. i was doing some research and i am not sure those years match up with the model. maybe you can verify for me. But my other question was, what options do i have for the dual exhaust situation. I like the look of dual exhaust but i want it to sound meaner and not to much louder. What kind of options do i have to take care of this problem. Yeah since i am a newb to this forum go ahead and make fun.

Thanks
    jhappel

Ive seen some tricked out bikes on here and anything IS possible, just a matter of if that thing is worth all the time, trouble and $...I would stick with the single can. The Katana has been around since the late 80's till now. 2006 should be the last one so says Suzuki.

Comment

B.T.W. welcome to KR , get ready for the search advice...( Black peter wrote an awesome sticky on how to do a search. { yes, it DID help me } )

Comment

Post some information on the bike.
        Ebay listing pictures what not. we can tell you what it is.

Now for a dual exhaust you can use two "slip ons"
        These are replacement mufflers. It's an expensive way to go but I too like dual pipes. There may be some systems out there in ebay land that could fit on a Kat.
        Maybe with some adapters? I have heard that the stock
        'busa cans fit.. But I have no exact info on cans (mufflers) only..

Cheers

Comment

here are some pics. dont have a pic from the back to show you but i attached one of the right and one of the left.
          Attached Files

Comment

Too funny!! I saw that bike on ebay the other day!! I really liked the paint scheme and graphics, so i saved the pics to take to a painter for an estimate.

I have a 96 600, I like the dual exahust as well, and I did not want to fool with rejetting. So, I just picked up a set of new Cobra F1R's off eBay. They are no longer made, but if you can find a set they will work.

Slip-ons are your best bet. I've seen several dual options done to pre 98's, not sure how much modding the required thought. I've seen a few with Kerkers, Yoshi, Jardine. If you do a search you'll see where a few people tinkered with thier stock exhaust for a little more sound.
            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

yeah i was searching on ebay for those cobra's but everything i searched didnt bring up any matches. maybe i am typing in the wrong thing. what do you type in to bring them up.

yeah that is where i got the bike, ebay

love ebay

Comment

Dude that is a sweet looking Kat!
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

I also just bought a bike on ebay [95 600] but have not picked it up yet. This is my first time to buy a vehicle of any kind without driving [or even touching] it so.... Anyway, good luck with yours! +1 on the paint scheme!

Comment

Originally posted by jhappel
                    yeah i was searching on ebay for those cobra's but everything i searched didnt bring up any matches. maybe i am typing in the wrong thing. what do you type in to bring them up.

yeah that is where i got the bike, ebay

love ebay
                    Actually, I slipped up on them I think I just looked under KATAN EXHAUST??? BTW, check the parts thread. Looks like someone on the board is trying to get rid of a pair.

This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&ih=008&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180049181135& rd=1&rd=1

Comment

that is one sharp looking kat. +1 on the f1s. that's the only type of slip-ons that i know of to keep the dual exhaust.

Long Live the D

Comment

I believe a GSXR1100 stock header will fit with some cutting of the fairings. That would give you a performance gain, and probably more choices for slipons
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                          X