PDA

View Full Version : Im a newb in need of help

jhappel
12-02-2006, 03:29 PM
this is my first bike, 1994 suzuki gsx/katana 600; at least that is what the ebay auction said. i was doing some research and i am not sure those years match up with the model. maybe you can verify for me. But my other question was, what options do i have for the dual exhaust situation. I like the look of dual exhaust but i want it to sound meaner and not to much louder. What kind of options do i have to take care of this problem. Yeah since i am a newb to this forum go ahead and make fun.

Thanks
jhappel

Mr Pink
12-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Ive seen some tricked out bikes on here and anything IS possible, just a matter of if that thing is worth all the time, trouble and $...I would stick with the single can. The Katana has been around since the late 80's till now. 2006 should be the last one :( so says Suzuki.

Mr Pink
12-02-2006, 04:05 PM
B.T.W. welcome to KR , get ready for the search advice...( Black peter wrote an awesome sticky on how to do a search. { yes, it DID help me :oops: } )

Black_peter
12-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Post some information on the bike.
Ebay listing pictures what not. we can tell you what it is.

Now for a dual exhaust you can use two "slip ons"
These are replacement mufflers. It's an expensive way to go but I too like dual pipes. There may be some systems out there in ebay land that could fit on a Kat.
Maybe with some adapters? I have heard that the stock
'busa cans fit.. But I have no exact info on cans (mufflers) only..

Cheers

jhappel
12-03-2006, 05:08 AM
here are some pics. dont have a pic from the back to show you but i attached one of the right and one of the left.

FASHER
12-03-2006, 11:25 AM
:lol: Too funny!! I saw that bike on ebay the other day!! I really liked the paint scheme and graphics, so i saved the pics to take to a painter for an estimate.

I have a 96 600, I like the dual exahust as well, and I did not want to fool with rejetting. So, I just picked up a set of new Cobra F1R's off eBay. They are no longer made, but if you can find a set they will work.

Slip-ons are your best bet. I've seen several dual options done to pre 98's, not sure how much modding the required thought. I've seen a few with Kerkers, Yoshi, Jardine. If you do a search you'll see where a few people tinkered with thier stock exhaust for a little more sound.

jhappel
12-03-2006, 12:05 PM
yeah i was searching on ebay for those cobra's but everything i searched didnt bring up any matches. maybe i am typing in the wrong thing. what do you type in to bring them up.

yeah that is where i got the bike, ebay

love ebay :-D

KatanaSoldier
12-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Dude that is a sweet looking Kat!

c_park3
12-03-2006, 08:56 PM
I also just bought a bike on ebay [95 600] but have not picked it up yet. This is my first time to buy a vehicle of any kind without driving [or even touching] it so.... Anyway, good luck with yours! +1 on the paint scheme!

FASHER
12-04-2006, 11:07 AM
yeah i was searching on ebay for those cobra's but everything i searched didnt bring up any matches. maybe i am typing in the wrong thing. what do you type in to bring them up.

yeah that is where i got the bike, ebay

love ebay :-D

Actually, I slipped up on them :hilarious: I think I just looked under KATAN EXHAUST??? BTW, check the parts thread. Looks like someone on the board is trying to get rid of a pair.

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26547

KeithRoxx
12-04-2006, 02:55 PM
check this out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180049181135&rd=1&rd=1

paradoxmd
12-04-2006, 03:03 PM
that is one sharp looking kat. +1 on the f1s. that's the only type of slip-ons that i know of to keep the dual exhaust.

loudnlow7484
12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
I believe a GSXR1100 stock header will fit with some cutting of the fairings. That would give you a performance gain, and probably more choices for slipons