X

I HAVE USED SEARCH HONEST !!!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HAVE USED SEARCH HONEST !!!!!!!

Today a friend of mine was at the local suzi shop and saw an F (Katana) with Ram Air. He had a look at it and saw it did indeed have ram air and looked under to see it looked as if it was home made. What I wanted to ask is Did any of the later models come with Ram Air? Does anyone know about or have done the mod? What gains have people notice with Ram Air if they have fitted it .. Pretty simple MOD I might try myself .. Just interested ..

By the way as an aside I have to say the search here isnt too user friendly and when looking up info I either get topics unrelated to what I have typed in such as "Ram Air" or "Wider Rear Wheel" or the subjects I have found have often been vague or full of comments such as SEARCH !!!! .. I can understand how annoying it must be to get asked similar questions over and over .. What I would suggest is possible a few downloadable text files with the info people most commonly look for and a sticky with if you are looking for info on .. go to here and download this file. Might be a little bit of work but could save long timers from here being pestered and newbies like me from being put off asking questions.
    2001 GSX750F
    1995 ZZR600

Actually there are some posts about ram air.. you didn't find them? Hmmmm

Well we have this:

How the hell did you miss this!!??

Dude!! you lie

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
      Actually there are some posts about ram air.. you didn't find them? Hmmmm

Well we have this:

How the hell did you miss this!!??

Dude!! you lie
      http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...&highlight=ram
      Dude, you should change your screen name to
      Search Master G :P

Comment

People have already tried telling others the search function isnt very user friendly but I guess once stuck in your ways its hard to change if ever...
        Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

Honestly all I put in was "ram air"

That's about as friendly as it gets..
          Some of have tried to tie together a bunch of common stuff but to be honest it's a lot of work. I gave up

Comment

Well that cleared that up .. I guess if you are great with computers and the net searching is easy .. personally I like to spend my spare time riding 8) ...
            2001 GSX750F
            1995 ZZR600

Comment

I think what you meant to say was thank you...

Comment

What we have here........ is a failure to communicate!
                j/k
                what we have here is a very flexible and capable search engine, that serves its purpose very well...... to narrow down the 15 million threads on here to the ones you are looking for. What it requires is for you to get real specific on what you're looking for.
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Yeah .. well I should have said thanks .. it was probably a comment that I read between the lines that prompted my comment .. ie ..

How the hell did you miss this ??
                  Or Dude you are a liar

I have to say I agree with the comment of changing name to search master. .. Because I dont know how to find stuff with this search engine. Its probably my lack of knowledge, but I have to say being a newbie here and being interested in talking to other Kat owners about how they did stuff is appealing .. when you get told .. S-E-A-R-C-H and you feel that you have used the engine to the best of your knowlege as a computer novice, you tend to feel a little foolish and therefore are reluctant to ask any other questions.

I never came on here to offend anyone or annoy people with how to questions, I just came on here to find like minded riders who love this bike and are interested in sharing information. I can see how the same questions over and over would annoy people.. which is why I suggested a FAQ or something..

I wont bother you guys with questions again and I will try and figure out this search engine when I get the time .. and see what I can dig up. Otherwise I guess I will find somewhere else I can find out what I need to know.

PS .. Thanks Search Master.
                  2001 GSX750F
                  1995 ZZR600

Comment

always here to help mate

dont worry bout these yanks their anal about everything :P haha

nah seriously, when searching i find clicking the "search for all terms" button dramaticly reduces the crap you need to sift through. the only downside is you have to be specific in your search terms.

cheers.joe.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGodfrey
                      Yeah .. well I should have said thanks .. it was probably a comment that I read between the lines that prompted my comment .. ie ..

How the hell did you miss this ??
                      Or Dude you are a liar
                      Fair enough there. I should have been clearer I was joking..

I have to say I agree with the comment of changing name to search master. .. Because I dont know how to find stuff with this search engine.
                      I did do a write up..

If people really do think it's useful a mod will have to sticky it or something. PM them if you agree, I can't do it..
                      Its probably my lack of knowledge, but I have to say being a newbie here and being interested in talking to other Kat owners about how they did stuff is appealing .. when you get told .. S-E-A-R-C-H and you feel that you have used the engine to the best of your knowlege as a computer novice, you tend to feel a little foolish and therefore are reluctant to ask any other questions.
                      Well we don't want that.... That would be bad.

I wont bother you guys with questions again and I will try and figure out this search engine when I get the time .. and see what I can dig up. Otherwise I guess I will find somewhere else I can find out what I need to know.
                      I'll take responsibility on this.. You can PM me with anything you want.
                      Sorry I put you off..

Comment

Thats cool, I am sorry for getting sensative. Truth is I am usually not like that and dont mind taking a ribbing .. I was just a little frustrated with trying to find crap and being told to search. I was thinking I typed in "ram air" and got .. eveyrthing from I hate my car to got my yoshi rs3 and I am not pleased .. reading through about the first 10 posts and finding nothing was a little frustrating and time consuming .. All I need is a few beers and to bash my head on the wall a few times and its all good.

Thanks again for the help and I will try and use a few of the search suggestions you guys have made ..
                        2001 GSX750F
                        1995 ZZR600

Comment

back to the actual question.. to do a ram air.. yes can be done, looked into it myself.. but in the end its just not worth the extra 3-10hp in the top end (seriously unless you have access to wind dynamic tools you cannot fully be able to know for sure if your ram air set ups work.) sure you could rig up a pipe from the front of your bike, port it into the airbox and hope for the best. you may get cooler intake temps at speed.. thats about it really

the way i was looking into it was to use a late 90's-early 2000's zx9r or zx12r ram air intake scoop, sit it in the same position as the kwakas have (under the headlight) feed it back into a 2 inch pipe (all that will fit, and it WILL BE BLOODY TIGHT!) the oil cooler will have to be lowered, the pipe then runs thru the frame opening. on the 750's where the frames crossbrace is, will have to be modified to allow a 2 inch pipe to pass thru like this -> ------O-------- LOL (tech drawings 101 lol)

the 2 inch pipe then runs back to a custom airbox housing K'N pod filters.. all in all it would be a AUD$250-300 excercise in failure.

the masters of ram air is kawasaki. ive read that the 14r makes 17hp in the top end at silly speeds, its entirely plausable too. kawasaki have been using ram air for more then 15 years, and have it down to a fine art.

ram air is more then just feeding oncoming air into the airbox/carbies.

the intake should be narrow to have make the air move faster in order to enter the opening. it should then move at high speed into an expansion chamber, the air dramaticly slows down, and sorta pools in the open space,

more air is forced in and therefore compressing the air thats already lieing stagnent in the chamber, meaning the engine can then ingest more air then it could on its own drawing atmosphere.

if you can design the opening just right, have the length of pipe right before hitting the expansion chamber (ie. airbox) ensure the airbox size is the right volume, it may just work for you.

all in all what im trying to say is... dont bother.. get a b12 engine , a turbo, a supercharger, notrious....anything usefull that makes more grunt

cheers.joe.

Comment

Working...
                          X