X

Engine swap exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine swap exhaust

I'm going to put a pre98 750 into my post 98 600. I need to buy carbs and exhaust for the 750, so I think I'm just going to get a full system. Vance and Hines sells one for the pre98 750 for 400 or so dollars.

My question is should I be buying an exhaust for the pre or post 98? I know the post 98 will line up as far as on the header end, but will a pre98's muffler mount line up on my 98+?
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

To fit the 98+ exhaust on the pre 98 engine you need to dent the collector at the oil pan or install a 98+ pan..Since the 2003 600 pan is the same as the 2003 750 pan you're golden.. Swap pans.

Comment

Right, thats fine. I'm just concerned that the bolt by the passenger footpegs might not be in the right place on a 2003 kat for a 97 exhaust

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
      -Robert Morrison

"

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
        To fit the 98+ exhaust on the pre 98 engine you need to dent the collector at the oil pan or install a 98+ pan..Since the 2003 600 pan is the same as the 2003 750 pan you're golden.. Swap pans.
        I'm saying fit the 98+ exhaust..

Comment

cool

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

If you already have a 98+ motor sitting around, you may as well take the oil pan and pickup off that motor, and stick it on your new one, so you don't have to dent your collector or anything.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
            X