Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Install exhaust from CBR600 onto KAT600 ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install exhaust from CBR600 onto KAT600 ?

Would a slip on exhuast from a honda cbr be able to fit our Kats? I'm assuming an exhaust shop or bike shop should be able to modifiy the pipes to get it on right?

Thanks

2001 GSXF 600

Install exhaust from CBR600 onto KAT600 ?

I actually posted this in another forum when it should have been here.

There is a Yoshimura slip on exhaust for a Honda CBR that I have. I was wondering if I could somehow get this to fit on my 2001 Kat 600?

Would any muffler shop be able to do this?

Thanks
    2001 GSXF 600

Comment

In theory, with a bit of welding & some pipe modification to make the mid-pipe the right size at the collector connection & the support brackets in the right spot, you should be able to... as with most things, it's strictly a matter of money and effort -- any muffler shop that bends their own pipe and welds should be able to make it physically fit.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I thought I already answered this question about an hour ago...

(A) Bike shops won't be able to fix it up.
        (B) Any exhaust (muffler) shop that bends and welds it's own pipes should have the equipment to make it happen -- which means cutting and welding new pipe at the mid-pipe to match the collector size and relocating the support brackets.

Whether you want to go through that much effort is a different question -- if you're specifically looking at the Yoshimura, you might be able to simply get the correct mid-pipe from them for the Kat and match it to the muffler rather than paying for a fab-up solution.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cool. And as for the muffler itself, it shouldnt matter since both bikes were 600cc and therefore should produce similar exhuast flows?
          2001 GSXF 600

Comment

As long as both had single sided (or both had double-sided) exhausts, the same cylinder counts (i.e. - both 4 cylinders) and approximately the same redline & peak torque RPM's, it should work quite well. Most muffler manufacturers don't hyper-specialize their mufflers to any specific bike beyond those basics.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Alright, many thanks for your inputs. I'm actually debating between two exhausts. A Katana-specific slip on or the honda slip on. But the honda slip on is in mint condition and will save me the extra $$.

Will let you know what i decide, hopefully get some pics up too.
              2001 GSXF 600

Comment

Thanks again. Sorry I had this question posted on multiple forums
                2001 GSXF 600

Comment

My stck pipes were damaged during shipping and my dealer replaced the stack with Yoshi RS-3. check with a dealer

Comment

Working...
                  X