Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Did anyone here install a set of koso gauges?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone here install a set of koso gauges?

I think I remember someone on here installing a set of koso gauges. Has anyone done it? Any feelings or comments on them? I need to install a digital speedo set-up as a result of my front end swap and considering the gp gauge pod or maybe the micro digital speedo. This is the gp pod:

This is the micro:

The gp pod is crazy expensive. The micro isn't that bad. I have a tach & gas gauge with white faces and was thinking of machining up a custom pod with the micro. The gp pod is nice thou... Watcha think?

Damn, links don't bring you there for some reason. If you navigate a bit you'll find the gp pod. The micro is on page 3...

Comment

a guy(i know him pretty good) on a dutch motorcycle forum has it on his zxr400(totaly rebuild with tons of mods) and he like it very much. try to find some pics
      1990 600 kat on going projectNow with zxr 750 frontend

Comment

I haven't seen them used nor used them. They look slick though... esp the BA011B00, which appears to be straight off the Benelli Tre.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Is that was it looks like? I swear I remember seeing some bikes stock gauge pod and it looked like that but couldn't remember. Personally I like the looks of the 04ish gsxr pod with the white gauge, love to have that. Some people have converted thier oil cooled gsxrs over to that pod and it can be done but don't feel like figuring it out. That gp pod has functions and features bar none. $379 thou??? Ouch...

Comment

$379 doesn't seem unreasonable to me for this complete gauge cluster:

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

with shipping 252 dollar (with current rates)
              1990 600 kat on going projectNow with zxr 750 frontend

Comment

$379 doesn't seem unreasonable to me for this complete gauge cluster
                It is if you've already spent $5,000 in parts That ebay listing is legit thou, $252 is worth it... now I need to install my white gauge faces and sell my current gauges. Thanks for the tip

Comment

The clusters look nice, but how would they look installed on a Kat?

Comment

not a KOSO for now, but an acewell

I have just fitted an Acewell 3853 with fuel gauge, odo and tacho bar, with the obvious idiot lights on my F750 K2.
                    As this bike was bought as wreckage on the process of restoring I loosed the complete front end and fitted a RF900 one. Considering that I would not like to use a speedo sensor I opted for the Acewell clocks as they supply an interface speedo cable (TAS4) to be fitted to the oem front wheel speed gear.
                    For the moment I am planning to use a separate oil temp gauge from KOSO (stage6) with the temp taken from the oil sump near the oil filter (adapter with thread M14x1.25mm)

The KOSO XR1 is more complete in question of oil temp and other kind of information, so I already have on set installed on my 88 GSXR 750J and another set for a recently aquired (wreck) 91 750F. On the later one as I am going to use a BUSA Front end I always going to need a speed sensor somewhere.

The Acewell seems more robust but I confess that the Kosos are more atractive. I have not use any for long periods so I cannot give my opinion about reliability.

Hope this help

Comment

Working...
                    X