X

wiring issue(indiglo gauges)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring issue(indiglo gauges)

ok So, im still having problems with my gauges. the indiglo just does not work. also i noticed my clutch side turn signal doesnt work either and my rear signal flashes real fast. they have got to be related, i swapped bulbs/plug with the working side and still doesnt work.

i tore all the plasitcs/gauges off. looking at the wiring it Seems fine. the indiglo box is wired into the 3rd eye plug. brown/brown/red spliced together, blkwht/blkwht/blk spliced together. it looks like the blacks go to the turn signal also?

i know the gauges should be grounded right? i have a blkwht wire on my negative batt terminal. would that be the gauge ground wire or something else?

im dead in the water right now though, no idea where to go. so anyone?
    03 katanika

well i fixxed the turn signal some how. i messed with the main batt ground wire. now the signal works but still no gauges. i cant find any other ground point on the frame though. should there be more than just the main batt ground wire?

is there a chance the lil indiglo box is burned out?
    03 katanika

Comment

i just grounded mine to the frame

Comment

Originally posted by soul-jah
        i just grounded mine to the frame
        where at on the frame?

i didnt install the gauges(came with the bike), so i have no idea how they set it up.
        03 katanika

Comment

All lights on a plastic body have a positive and a ground. Use the front cyclops light for + & -
          Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee
            All lights on a plastic body have a positive and a ground. Use the front cyclops light for + & -
            ya the guages go into the 3rd eye wires, wasnt sure if Those lights had a ground somewhere thats bad...

the gauge wires spliced to the 3rd eye seem fine to me, nice solid solder connections.
            03 katanika

Comment

Working...
            X