Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Street Fighter guys.... what mirrors are you using?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Fighter guys.... what mirrors are you using?

So i should have my headlight any day now and im gonna be removing the OEM stuff along with the mirrors supports.

Im wondering what kind of mirrors you guys are using if any... and also where to attach them?

Id like to find a long skinny stalk style mirror like the ones that come on the Ducati Monster. Anyone know where i can find a universal type of mirror that looks similar?

thanks!
    www.ma-motorsports.com

Problem with most naked bike mirrors is that they attach to the brake/clutch brackets. You can get "universal"
    type mounts but then there might not be room for them on your bars. I know there is no room on mine.
    I went with the Napolean bar-end mirrors I had from an
    old bike. However I'm starting to like the look of the round style ones. One good thing about bar end mirrors is that they offer a wide veiw and they are way past your shoulders. You could look for a cheaper type at a bicycle store.

Comment

Cyclegear.com, some places have brick-and-mortar stores, too, has some cool bar-end mirrors that clamp around the bar end weights. I am thinking of a pair...
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

yeah i thought about that same thing that their really isnt room on the bars for anything else unless i get the end type mirrors. I dont know if ill like the look of the mirrors sticking so far out though.......
        www.ma-motorsports.com

Comment

That is the cool thing about some of the round ones.
          They stick out just the size of the mirror.
          The other possibility is to get Bandit parts.
          The will be about the same size as the Kat parts and have the hole for the mirror..

Comment

I got a cheap barend mirror off ebay for $20 shipped, looks ok i guess.
            Type in bar end mirror on ebay take a look at what they have

Comment

look at the pics in my sig. bar end mirrors is the only way to go on a fighter, if you have mirrors at all.

The ones I have came with the bike to begin with, but if I were to do it again, I'd get bar weights, and mirrors that clamp over them. Would be nice to get some vibration out of the bars.
              http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

Originally posted by bcsean
                Would be nice to get some vibration out of the bars.
                Fill them up with birdshot or something..

Comment

If you wanna go cheap, Cateye makes some bicycle bar-end mirrors, about $3 each. And cheap. Break off the very FIRST time you drop the bike- and it doesn't have to be a motorcycle for this to happen- happened on my mountain bike. I am talking CHEAP, here. Personally, I don't like em, but some folks might.

Did I mention that they were cheap?
                  "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                    Fill them up with birdshot or something..
                    Damn, not a bad idea. Might have to pull one of the mirrors out, tip the bike over a bit and start pouring.
                    http://rides.webshots.com/album/552670376QLcRnn?start=0

Comment

Originally posted by stangdude22
                      Who was the vendor? I looked and nothing cheaper than around $35 shipped for motorcycle ones.
                      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                        Originally posted by stangdude22
                        Who was the vendor? I looked and nothing cheaper than around $35 shipped for motorcycle ones.
                        This is the one I got, only for one side

The bolt they supply does not fit, you will have to get a different one, or reuse the one you current have for your barend weight.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKatnWV
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BIKE-MOTORCYCLE-BAR-END-MIRROR-GSXR-R1-CBR-ZX-RACE-ZX1O_W0QQitemZ330033906560QQihZ014QQcategoryZ35557 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

IMO, much cooler than the one I got

Comment

My barend mirrors i just bought are gonna vibrate off! i had to take the bar ends off to fit the mirrors but i got them on... and they are gonna vibrate off the mirror stems... any solutions?
                            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                            Tony
                            94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                            X