X

stock exhaust mods?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock exhaust mods?

has anyone moddied or attempted to mod the stock exhaust. does it sound good or bad

Cut it off, go for the Harley sound
    I had a buddy that shortened his can by a few inches, gave it a nice growl.

Comment

If you're looking for performance, do this:

Grinding out excess header welds on your exhaust header

If you're looking for sound, get an aftermarket exhaust can instead. If you're too poor to get an aftermarket exhaust (or need the $$ for other things more important), either build yourself a cheap straight pipe/cone exhaust or see what you can find cheaply here at KR -- don't gut your existing muffler (you'll want it back to OEM shape at some point -- trust me on that one).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If your looking for exhaust for older kat the vanes hanes ssr2 I think is the best for sound and performance if your looking for something used I might be able to help !!!!!!
        e black

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Black
          If your looking for exhaust for older kat the vanes hanes ssr2 I think is the best for sound and performance if your looking for something used I might be able to help !!!!!!
          I have a 91 750 that needs an exhaust.
          watcha got?
          I dont want anything too loud though.

Comment

I have a Vanes & hines SSR2 it does have a dent in the bottom of the header if you want it I was trying to get 150 for it.
            e black

Comment

Exhaust

8) I just put a dremelled 750 header on my 03 600 and I like it. Got a deeper tone not to loud with stock can and airfilter. Saved some $$$$ going that way. CP has an excellent post on it plus he dynoed his to check results. He even has carb tips and it's all free, sounds like a good deal to me.

Comment

Working...
              X