X

Tail Removal for Street Fighter Look?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail Removal for Street Fighter Look?

Well yall, i may be nearing getting my bike back in working order. But with all the fairings off for the past 3 months, I've noticed that the rear part of the frame is bolted on (I believe it's called a "Tail Lamp Bar" on Ron Ayers). Anyways, my buddy has a Buell, and it's got the un-faired street fighter look to it, which I like. But I think the thing I like most about the street fighter look is the truncated rear. So, I got to thinking what the Katana (or any bike for that matter) would look like being fully faired, yet have the shortened rear end of a street fighter. Has anyone done this or seen a bike like this? I was thinking about maybe buying some old rear plastics, and fabricating a rear assembly with LED tail lights/turn signals that would just mount on the smaller tail end of the bike (and allow for a switch back to the normal rear end for the day I talk my wife into riding with me). Has anyone done a project like this? I'm guessing the seat would have to be modified to be shortened as well. What do yall think?
    What the deuce!?!

Bama...
    You have been here long enough...
    Search!!!

A few are/have done some chopping..

Comment

I did search, for street fighter, and found many threads. But they all showed the typical street fighter look of un-faired. I'm trying to get an image of what the kat would look like being fully faired, yet have the shortened tail of a street fighter. I paid good money to get my fairings repainted back in March, I ain't not gonna put them on.
      What the deuce!?!

Comment

Working...
      X