X

how low can i go

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how low can i go

question.......how low can i lower my 06 750 kat without having to cut and weld the side stand. i figure 1 inch would be ok but i would like to go 2 inches.also when lowering i know the suspension has to be reset.so after lowering it do you give it a stiffer setting or do you make it more of a soft setting.

If you lower it 2 inches with out stiffening the suspension you will bottom out the front.. I know that for sure.
    I'm not sure about the rear. Not sure how lowering the rear effects the rate.

It doesn't seem to me that you could lower the
    whole bike 1 inch with out changing the side stand.
    But that is my bike. My guess is that my stand
    due to age allows the bike to tip more than a new one.

Comment

When I lowered my '05 600 by 1", I did a little grinding on the sidestand stop so as to let it swing a bit further forward and thus lower.
      Living truly is truly living

Comment

you may never get it on the centerstand.or it will be hard

Comment

good points.when you lower the links on the rear will that also lower the front or are there links on the front.

Comment

You lower the front by losening the fork
            clamps and dropping it as much as needed..

Comment

oh ok.if you know of a link where it has been outlined already please point me in that direction.for the front of course

Comment

Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

thanks for the link.i'll be ordering some very soon for my winter mod fest

Comment

I lowered mine around 2 3/4" I had to stiffen the rear to keep from bottoming out but other than that I havent had any problems.
                    The only subsitute for cubic inches is cubic money

Comment

can you still use the center stand?

Comment

Originally posted by rwcreigh
                        can you still use the center stand?
                        I don't see how.

Comment

another question.....i got the rear down but front is unclear.how exactly do you go about sliding the forks down to lower the front.again i wanna go 1 or 1.5 inch down in rear.how low will i have to take the front in order to match the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by semperverax
                            I lowered mine around 2 3/4" I had to stiffen the rear to keep from bottoming out but other than that I havent had any problems.
                            My husband is lowered just about the same as yours. My centerstand does work but I have to put alot of umfp to it .... I only use it when I'm cleaning him. Now the side stand is another story...I need to see how to get that fixed a little better.... Parking it can be a biatch on an incline.
                            With a hip hop the hippie to the hippie
                            The hip hip a hop a you don't stop the rockin
                            To the bang bang boogie
                            Say up jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie the beat

Comment

to update----------just installed the lowering links that i got from ne-oublie(great product)i lowered my 750 1.5 inches and the side stand rotates fully with no problem.i was also able to get it on the centerstand so if u wanna get low, go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X