X

Should I add a Power commander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I add a Power commander

I want to add a power commander any suggestions?
    Attached Files

Um yeah , don't .

Power Commanders go on FUEL INJECTED bikes , and hence , you'd be wasting your cash since the Kats have carbs .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

OMG....

MD!!

Md86 is 100% right of course..
      I'm laughing at his Avitar..

Comment

Hey XRay,

Don't feel too bad. He's right though, and that was good advice, you'd be wasting your money. Those things work by changing the air/fuel mixture for fuel injectors.

It sounds like you don't know your bike all that well yet. Hold off on the mods and just really enjoy getting to know it by riding. You'll have all sorts of fun and as you beconme more familiar with the bike you'll better understand what it could benefit from.

Definatekly do your own maintenance though, change the oil, clean/lube/tighten the chain and even adjust the valves. Just take your time, go slow and follow good directions. You have plenty of time to do performance upgrades.

At some point, when you know the bike better, if you still really want to do some mods on the engine, I'd recommend a great outfit called holeshot (http://www.holeshot.com/). Dale Walker runs the place and they really care about you getting it right. You'll probably want to do a jet-kit, maybe an after market exhaust. They will help you figure out what you need/don't need.

Comment

Thanks all of you. I am still getting to know my bike but with this job of mine not much time to ride. I'll keep the jet kit in mind and dump the PC from my mental rolodex.

Comment

Sounds like a plan xray, just enjoy that bike!

Comment

Working...
            X