X

Naked Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naked Kat?

Sexy right? Well, I am a new rider and recently got a nice yellow '03 600 Kat from eBay. Thanks to my mad Noob skills, I already drop it twice. The damage is not that bad but the fairing has taken a beating. I was thinking about just taking the fairings off and ride it naked. Has any one done this already or knows how that will look like?

Appreciate any input! Thanks in advance.
    WHAT MAN? I am a NOOB

That was most people that wreck do

Comment

I have seen a couple of naked Kats. One was TOTALLY naked- only bodywork was the tank- all the plastic was gone. IMHO, Kats don't look good naked- the bike was designed to have bodywork, and anything you take off looks quite obviously, well, missing.

You could go that way till your skills improve. If you have decided you are the naked type, I would suggest a Bandit 600, which is already naked and looks just fine that way.
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Naked + drop = brusted up fram rails. I'd say keep with the ghetto fairings til your skills get up there and then swap out for some fresh Maier plastics and it'll be a brand new bike.

Comment

there are a couple on here that aren't totally naked, but some of the fairing cut away, and they look awesome. I'll try and find the thread, its a pre 98, but you might be able to do something similair.
          None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
          -Robert Morrison

"
          well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

yeah, The Klic did something really awesome. You can see it here...

might be able to do something similair? Its just evidence that with some planning, patience, and careful work, you can turn a couple drops into a very cool, very personalized machine....
            None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
            -Robert Morrison

"
            well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
              That was most people that wreck do
              Heyyyy!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks man, that black kat looks awsome. I was thinking about the the frame as well. Since I read that no one really makes frame sliders for kats and the fairing is the only thing protecting the frame. I'll just leave the beat up farings on, that's battle scars!
                WHAT MAN? I am a NOOB

Comment

Just to let you know, BRAUNSTEIN82, a member on here, makes frame sliders. I am pretty sure they are for 98+ only, so they should fit your motorcycle, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Also here is some more info on them http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...875&highlight=
                  "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."
                  http://www.putfile.com/91750frider/images/6658

Comment

they will work good if you take off the fairings or cut the lower part of the fairing off
                    www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
                    Katana Frame Sliders
                    The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
                    98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
                    I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

ypu could always cover the fairing in fur until you get new ones. Tip get new one on ebay in the winter (cheaper)

Comment

as mentioned above.........bump

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...5-Custom-Low-M iles-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ220021784402QQihZ012QQcategoryZ50 028QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuk...50028QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

F@#@ng keyboard..........

Comment

I rode my kat nekkied for quite a while. The only thing I had on it was the tank, and plastics under the seat. I thought it looked pretty good. I have considered building a nekkid kat here lately, but I don't think I would use the kat head lights, I would want something that looks more road warrior style.

Definately got a lot of looks though when I had it like that, people wondering what the hell I was riding.
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                            X