X

Decal Install

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decal Install

I just ordered a new KATANA deacal for my bike> Dropped in drive way and damage was minor but decal was scuffed up. I have already done the prep work and cleaned the surface removing the old decal. The issue is the decal is extreamly thin and i am unshure as to how difficult the install of it is. I have tried doing window tints and found it extreamly dificult to remove the air bubbles. Are decals the same? I am debating doing it myself or paying for an install, at $60 a decal it is a steap price to pay for a job that would look like crap.

Putting a little decal on anything is not nearly as difficult as tinting a window (I also know from experience) The best way to put the decal on is the same as tinting a window by spraying soapy water on the bike where you want to put the decal, this will help in case you don't get it alligned right the first time and you can move it into the correct position. Next take a credit card and squeegie out the soapy water and any air bubbles and let it dry in the sun for a couple hours.

Comment

You may already know this, but be sure to put the decal on in a cool dry place. If my memeory is working......: I'm retty sure you want the temp to be 70 or lower. Oh, and of course the bike's surface should be cool as well. GOOD LUCK!!!!
      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Good advice above, but I'd add two points. Try to do it in an enclosed area - like a garage. Wind is your enemy!!!

Also, see if you can get a small rubber squeegee to press out the air bubbles. They come with most window tinting kits. It's a small rubber square that measures about 2" x 2" - easy to hold in your fingers to press out the air bubbles. I'd be a little nervous about using a credit card to get rid of the air bubbles as I think it could tear the decal if you're not careful because the credit card really doesn't flex.

Good luck!
        ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Working...
        X