X

Pre 98' Mirrors! They suck!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 98' Mirrors! They suck!

Every older Katan i see has these mirrors. theyre all the same, and you know what im talkin about! always black. And i hate them! why? Because they just dont look right. ya, theyre kind of big, but i dont like them because they dont line up right. the mirror base isnt flush with the body, it looks funky and cheap. Like we just slapped whatever on. Anyway, anyone know of a good mirror? or a mod or something. I googled for a while and just ended up with the same stupid crappy mirrors. I cant just leave them off then it will look like they are missing. i have a 1990 750.
    ~chris

98+ mirrors...

<---- ride profile

Comment

really? they will fit? hmmm didnt know that.
      ~chris

Comment

No, they won't fit straight up...but they are easily modded (by drilling one hole in each)

Comment

i had a set of universal F1 mirrors on mine. they were pretty useless as far as functionality, but they didn't look too bad. the previous owner of mine had the stock mirror holes filled in, so i could only choose between mirrors with one mounting bolt. it's amazing how much i miss that bike...

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
          "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

I actually like the pre 98 mirrors for some reason. Call me strange

Comment

i like the right mirror being a "objects in the mirror are closer than they appear" it's strange. my ninja mirror isn't like that.
              My Karma ate your Dogma

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
                No, they won't fit straight up...but they are easily modded (by drilling one hole in each)
                could u show us/me a few pic on how u did this, i also dont really like the pre98 mirrors

Comment

I think they are alright...except for the right one which is pissing me off with it always vibrating!
                  Just remember: Satan loves you

Comment

mine dont vibrate atleast. buti tell you what. my clutch handle vibrates! that bolt constantly vibrates itself loose and the my whole clutch handle rattles. i have to keep my hand on it to keep it from rattling.
                    ~chris

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
                      I actually like the pre 98 mirrors for some reason. Call me strange
                      No doubt about it..
                      You are strange..

Comment

Originally posted by chrisman826
                        my clutch handle vibrates! that bolt constantly vibrates itself loose and the my whole clutch handle rattles. i have to keep my hand on it to keep it from rattling.
                        Two things:
                        One. Over time the clutch perch (bracket) loosens up so that the
                        clutch lever can wiggle. (I'm working on a fix)

Two. The nut for the pivot bolt should be a Nyloc type.
                        (so it won't vibrate loose) If not a dab of blue loc-tite should
                        solve it.

Comment

They do suck, you can get better ones.
                          93 Suzuki Katana 750 (V&H supersport system)

Comment

Originally posted by Glasuan
                            They do suck, you can get better ones.
                            What did you have in mind?
                            ~chris

Comment

i like the stock mirrors

Comment

Working...
                              X