Windscreen Vibration

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Vibration

Hey Guys,

The windscreen on my new (06) Kat starts vibrating around 5.5-6 RPM. I originally thought it was the third eye and tightened it up, but the the problem persists. I then found if i reached out and grabbed the windscreen the sound would stop. I've looked at all the securing bolts and tightened them up as much as possible. I think the problem lies in the upper part of the fairing where they left space for the windscreen but it's too large allowing it to vibrate.

Has anyone else has this problem or does anyone have a good method to stop this windscreen vibration? I was thinking some sort of latex paint?

Meadow
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster

Do you have rubber o rings on your bolts to hold the windscreen on? If not you may try putting some on but this may not be where the problem lies. Another way to "macgyer" it may be if you take some double sided tape and stick it to the back of the windscreen before you install it. At the least even if the double sided tape lets go of the fairings it should still be on the screen and hopefully will stop the plastic to plastic vibration sound you are getting.

Comment

is it still under warranty?take it back

Comment

R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I have the same problem with my windscreen. been driving me nuts.
          I am going to try an get some foam tape and layer it under the windscreen and see if that helps.
          I love my Kat!!
          2000 burgandy 750

Comment

The foam tape worked for me, but sneak a peak once and a while to make sure the fairings don't cut through the tape.

Comment

Get the right size rubber washers for the screws you're using. Place one between the head of the screw and the windshield, and one between the windshield and the fairing. Do this for all the screws. When you tighten them down, make them finger tight, don't crank down on them too hard. Hope this helps you out.
              Smooth is Fast

Comment

Thanks, I'll give those tricks a try.
                "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster

Comment

Working...
                X