X

Yet Another Mirror Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet Another Mirror Question

I've got a pre-98 and would like to see behind better while riding. I see some spacers for sale for nearly $100 including shipping, and I see that some members (such as SEQX34) have made spacers. I also see that a lot of people seem to like post-98 mirrors for better looks. I'm not too concerned about how it looks, I mostly just want to see something other than my elbows or the sky (which appear to be my 2 options now). So not really looking for the Jag or other small mirrors. I don't love the way barends look, and I'm afraid that would make it tough to get into the spot in my garage where I like to park.

So what are suggestions? Do many aftermarkets bolt on easily and provide BETTER visibility? would semi-home made 1" spacers help a lot? What about convex bubbles on the mirrors? Do post-98's improve visibility or just asthetics?

Also, does anyone know where I can get reasonably priced parts shipped to me in Belgium?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,
    I honestly think you will get bang for your buck by going to a local motorcycle shop and getting a barend mirror.

They might even have some that will bolt in place of the
    barend wieght. The visability I have with mine is amazing! I can see the both edges of a four lane road

Comment

So right now I'm making spacers out of wood. Cheesy, I know but I thouoght I'd give it a shot. If I dislike them I think I'll probably try the bar ends. I'm hoping the extra inch makes a big difference. As for how the wood holds up, we'll see - but I wouldn't think there should normally be a lot of stress there. :shrug:

Comment

Making them out of wood makes sense- cheap, easy to work with. If you get them like you like them, lots of layers of sealer and enamel will eventually hide the grain, and you can use them to make copies out of aluminum or plastic.

I love the stock mirrors on my 99 Kat 750, and would like to put some on my 98 Bandit 12S. Let me know how the spacers work out.
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
        X