Yosh Slip-On Installation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yosh Slip-On Installation?

Hey Guys,

I know this may sounds stupid, but are slip-on exahusts truly slip-on or is there cutting required?

What sort of bolts need to be removed in order to get that baby on? Where does it join up? I am trying to suck up as much knowledge as I can before I decide on purchasing an aftermarket pipe.

Cheers,

Meadow
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster

3 bolts slips off and then slip on the new one and install 3 bolts. No cutting( ON 98+) 10 min tops. I installed the yoshi on my profile in about 5 minutes with my 10 year old doing the wrenching.

Easy stuff

Click here for the best price i have found for a Yoshi Pipe

Comment

Awesome, thanks archerdude. I'll let you know if I have any problems.

Also, in your opinion which is better? D&D or Yosh. I don't know what either would sound like on a Kat, but I did find that link where they had them on a "Gixxer?"

My buddy has a D&D on his Honda F4 and it sounds pretty good, but I think the Yosh has more of a higher "jet" engine sound. Am I correct?
      "I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbuster

Comment

I have not heard a D & D. But I can say the throaty sound that comes out of the yoshi is awesome. Not to loud at idle, but rap up some r's and it sounds awesome. I am very pleased with the yoshi. My main concern about the pipe was that I was worried that it may be too loud to warm it up in the middle of the night. I didn’t want to piss of my neighbors its Definitely louder than stock but its manageable.(<---- means: Screw the neighbors it sounds awesome)

Sorry but I can’t give you an opinion about the D & D. All I know if you want loud buy it. All the people who wanted loud and bought a D & D were pleased with there purchase.

Its hard for me to tell you what an yoshi sounds like on a kat the only thing that comes to mind is the sound you hear when a dragster is doing the burnoff. when your up on the r's thats what is sounds like.

goodluck and take pics

Comment

dude those are my 2 choices too either a yosh or a d&d , do slip on's mess up the bike performance at all, I heard people say you have to jet the carbs or something like that is this true can someone help me

Comment

Originally posted by XKillerEliteX
            dude those are my 2 choices too either a yosh or a d&d , do slip on's mess up the bike performance at all, I heard people say you have to jet the carbs or something like that is this true can someone help me
            From what i have read and the little personal experince i have. If you install a slip on no modifactions will be needed. If you put on a full exuast you will have to rejet.

Here read this:

Comment

love my Yoshi, not to loud and looks sharp and also follows the line of the bike nicely.

Comment

make sure you use exaust sealant.i have a scorpion.it sound real good.

Comment

make sure you use exaust sealant.i have a scorpion.it sound real good.

Comment

I have a Yoshi, the CF one, Looks excellent and it really isn't too loud. I didn't want my bike to be like an annoying ass civic, so I think it sounds exactly like what I had imagined.
                    But to agree with ArcherDude, D&Ds are real loud, but if you want loud then you'll like it.
                    Make sure when you order the slip-on to order a exhaust collective gasket at the same time from your shop or also online. ( I prefer buying parts online because you don't deal with dumb redneck customer service). I can help you find the number if you need it but its really easy to find.
                    Good Luck and you don't need to jet or anything

Comment

Working...
                    X