X

brake light mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake light mod

I wanted to do something nice for my wife so i am thinking to make her name light up when i hit the brake. Is there a more professional way to do this then cut out her name in cardboard and stick it to the brake light cover or does anyone one have any good ideas. It doesn't matter to me if it looses it value or not that's not important to me. this bike is my give from being over in Iraq and i want to include her in my hobby of bikes...and let everyone know how much i love my wife.
    06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Create a graphic and have it placed on a vinyl sticker. But remember, anything that lessens the amount of light coming out of the brake light is not necessarily a good thing.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Awwwwww, that's so sweeeeet... (barf)
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
        Create a graphic and have it placed on a vinyl sticker. But remember, anything that lessens the amount of light coming out of the brake light is not necessarily a good thing.
        shhhhhh. It is his evil plan 8)

Comment

masking tape, utility knife (I used a scalpel from a wood hobby kit), krylon fusion gloss black paint

Comment

LED Marquee?

Something like this:

Then you could always change it up. Have your wife's name or perhaps "If you can read this - Back the F&$% Up!"

It's a little pricier than a piece of vinyl - but more versatile.

Just a thought.
            =============
            Mike C.
            '93 GSX 600
            Atlanta Area, GA

“Ever since the young men have owned motorcycles, incest has been dying out.”
            ~Max Frish
            =============

Comment

try http://www.decalcity.com/
              I have bought sponsor decals from him before for my truck and he does an outstanding job. He will custom make just about anything.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

wow katanasoilder great website for my flylow emblem ... thanks
                06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Working...
                X