X

Aluminum vs. Delrin sliders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum vs. Delrin sliders

OK, so I have a 2000 Katana 600, but just bought a 2006 GSXR 750. I love the new bike; the only bad part about it is I don't have the invaluable resource of katriders.com to draw from as much any more. For all those that frequent this site, don't take for granted how much information is to be had here.

OK, enough brown nosing, I want to get frame sliders, spool sliders and bar ends for the new GSXR and I am trying to determine whether I want aluminum or the Delrin plastic. I can make myself dig either material if I am convinced that one or the other is significantly better. I hear that the Delrin is better in an actual slide, but I don't really feel convinced that I know which is the superior choice.

Discuss?

Um from the discussions of farme silders on here i personally would do the delrin ones, there has been discussion of metal ones grabbing into the pavement more thus possibly doing more damage. Where delrin I believe is a more durable plastic than most and would slide better.
    In no way I am sure about this, this is what i believe please correct me if im wrong guys....
    Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

He is right also derlin is designed to absorb impact sorta like rubber and also break a little to take away even more impact
      www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
      Katana Frame Sliders
      The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
      98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
      I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Working...
      X