X

Pig spotters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pig spotters

I was looking into buying a set of pig spotter mirrors to replace the factory ones and of coarse they dont list the kat . But i was looking at the busa and there are some simalaritys to the kat. Where would i find a data sheet on both the kat and the busa to compare the holes and spacing of the mirrors. It looks rather close to me. Any info

thanks
    Attached Files
    "No regrets, that's my motto. Well... that and everyone Wang Chung tonight." -Out Cold 2001

for some reason the spotter pic wont show, but click the words and it will. ??? got me
    "No regrets, that's my motto. Well... that and everyone Wang Chung tonight." -Out Cold 2001

Comment

I really like the look of the pig spotters but I don't think they would/should take the place of your standard mirrors. I sat on a Kawi that had some on them and the guy actually had an extra set of mirrors on his bar ends because he said the pig spotters were kinda hard to see out of so he added additional bar end mirrors.
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
        I really like the look of the pig spotters but I don't think they would/should take the place of your standard mirrors. I sat on a Kawi that had some on them and the guy actually had an extra set of mirrors on his bar ends because he said the pig spotters were kinda hard to see out of so he added additional bar end mirrors.
        +1

I've never looked through the pig spotters, but I have enough trouble seeing around my tubby self with the adjustable stock mirros.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

Yeah i see your point, but i dont use my mirrors now. i always turn and look over my shoulders. i would imagine that they are hard to look thru cause there too small

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynKat
            Yeah i see your point, but i dont use my mirrors now. i always turn and look over my shoulders.
            Mirrors are good for more than lane changes. Making a sudden stop? Better make sure that cager behind you can make the stop too. Sitting at a light? Better make sure that cager behind you sees the light's red, too. Covering six is very important while riding a motorcycle. Those pig-spotter things don't look like they are up for any task but looks.

Comment

I always thought that the pig spotter mirrors were only to keep the bike legal. Technically you have rear view mirrors even if they do not work.

Comment

I was thinking that the turn signal equiped mirrors off of the 2006 GSX-R would look pretty cool. I saw some "generic" ones for like $80 a pair on eBay.

My buddy has an 06 GSX-R, so I guess I will be lookig to see if I can get them to fit or not.

Comment

pig spotters are worthless just cap of the mirror holes and get bar ends with a mirror they work and still clean up the bike

Comment

pig spotters are worthless just cap of the mirror holes and get bar ends with a mirror they work and still clean up the bike

Comment

pig spotters are not adjustable or have very little, if you look at the front fairing angle it is steeper (aerodynaics) on the busa... ergo the pig spotters on the kat would point to the sky.

Comment

BUMP!

I think I may try these. Do you think the GSXR models or the Busa models would work better? I've read before that the Busa's have the exact same mirror mount system as the Kat in some years. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Comment

They are functionally useless. Honestly I don't think they look all that great either.
                          '01 TL1000R

Comment

Carbon Jag mirrors have reappeared on eBay....I really like the look of those!

Click!
                            FrankenKat 1216
                            GS Fiter 816
                            GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Originally posted by DooD
                              Carbon Jag mirrors have reappeared on eBay....I really like the look of those!

Click!
                              Those are nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X